Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Check out Old House Forum

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 10:23

Lavendar Lass - I know we're not suppose to call out members but I wanted to make sure you saw the thread in the Old House Forum about the derelict house in Ireland the young girl is in love with and wants to buy. Komby(?) posted a link to a full screen view of the house further down on the thread - drool. It's not a small house but I thought of you and know you post here often.

Moderators, sorry if this is a no-no.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Check out Old House Forum

Schoolhouse- Thank you! That is such a wonderful house and property...it does look like a fairy tale :)

I hope she can make it work. If I had the money...and a way to ship horses to Ireland...LOL What a view!

o

Lass, you gave great advice about her not buying the property with her boyfriend. I've seen friends split and leave the other holding the bag so to speak.

Can you imagine what that house and property must have been like way back when? She will need alot of money and free labor I'm afraid to make it liveable again.

o

Here are a few pictures, if anyone wants to see them...

From Kitchen plans

From Kitchen plans

It was probably beautiful at one time! It still is, if you don't look too close. I hope someone (maybe this gal) can bring it back to its former glory! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here