The living room....

The Master bedroom and bath...

Guest bedroom and bath...

The utility room....

My building crew....

Comments (41)

• wantoretire_did
    11 years ago

Wow and Wow!!! Perfect location and beautiful home. Be happy - you certainly deserve it.

• jakabedy
    11 years ago

Very Nice!

• Adline
    11 years ago

Very pretty Phoggie. Love your color choices. Best Luck In your new home.

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Yahoo! You're in! It's all so nice, and the view out back is fantastic. The picture of your crew cracked me up.

• ellendi
    11 years ago

It all came together beautifully! Enjoy!

• kitchen_maman
    11 years ago

So beautiful! Congratulations!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

What a nice house, phoggie! It turned out great.

• orcasgramma
    11 years ago

I've been waiting for this. Thank you for posting pictures of your lovely home. I need to have an outdoor view - and it is even better when there is a lake that birds and other creatures will visit. I know I would sit at that window and watch them when I should be doing other things.

Wishing you the very best in your new home.

• Iowacommute
    11 years ago

Its beautiful Phoggie! I'm so happy the weather finally decided to cooperate so you could move in. I'm so happy for you!

• brianstreehouse
    11 years ago

Cogratulations, Phoggie! Your home looks just right. I wish you many happy memories, good health, and many years in your new home.

• enduring
    11 years ago

Very Nice to see your new home. It is lovely. Now you get to landscape:) But that will be fun too. It will tie it in place.

• vsalzmann
    11 years ago

Beautiful. Stunning kitchen

• maddielee
    11 years ago

I've been following your decision to build....Wonderful house! You did good!

ML

• Ingardenguy57
    11 years ago

Really Nice. Can I ask how many sq. ft. the home is?

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ingardenguy57....there is 1635 sf of living space in this house, plus 500sf in the garage.
    Thanks for asking.

• dixiedog_2007
    11 years ago

I lurk on this forum off and on and was looking forward to seeing pictures of your new home. It truly looks wonderful. You have been through a lot and this new home looks perfect for you. You did a great job of decorating also.

Wishing you many years of joy in your new home!

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

Phoggie-
    Wow Wow and Wow.
    Best wishes in your new home. Please show us the lake also ! All of us are cheering for you !!!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

EAT.. If you do a search on this site, you will be able to find pics of the lake when it had more water than now and the weeping willows were so beautiful. We are in winter weather now and desperately need more rain to fill the lake.....but the geese, ducks, and blue herons still are enjoying it and I enjoy watching them :-)

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

We WANT photos of waterfowl ! please.

Whatever the season.

I travel to Ireland Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn and am ALWAYS amazed at the beautiful Kaleidoscope that is the Shannon river and river bank.
    Ah weeping willows, so lovely. I love tall pine trees too(OH the scent of pine needles, reminds me of Lake George)

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

congrats! beautiful home! amazing how much you have done in terms of decorating and furnishings in so short a time since moving in!

• dermnp
    11 years ago

Gorgeous home! Can you share the color green you used on the walls, it is really nice.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    11 years ago

phoggie, how wonderful! Everything is beautiful, calm and serene, and brand new. I hope you will have many happy days in your home, although I know every day will be bittersweet. ((Hugs))

• yayagal
    11 years ago

That's a beautiful home with gorgeous views, enjoy every minute of it. Life is good.

• rosefolly
    11 years ago

It's a lovely house, and I can see that it suits you perfectly.

Rosefolly

• User
    11 years ago

Congratulations on a job well done, Phoggie. It is such a beautiful place to begin a new life.

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all so much for taking the time to send so many good wishes. I have been here three weeks and love it here. We had some great rain this week and the lake has so much more water in it now and oh the ducks, geese, and blue herons are so happy and I love watching them!

• User
    11 years ago

Phoggie, when I first moved onto my houseboat, I thought how cute were the geese, and I fed a few of them.

Then the folks on neighboring boats got all disgruntled because a goose poop is rather big and extremely squishy, and it bakes on hard, difficult to remove.

I came home from work one day and saw total devastation in the parking lot, where they had brought big dogs down to chase and kill the geese, and it was all feathers, blood, and guts everywhere. I was shocked, but I learned a lesson from it.

Not sure if your community has set regulations about feeding the wildlife, but it might be good to find out how others feel about it.

A friend of mine in a condo community in AZ near Phoenix says there are no trees left, and nothing that might make a pleasant nesting site for birds, others do not want to deal with bird poop. So sad, because when you get old and confined to your home, having wildlife around is such a nice diversion.

• shelayne
    11 years ago

Oh, phoggie, it's BEAUTIFUL! What a blessing to have your home just the way you want it! Congratulations!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Great job!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Moccasin .. I do not plan to feed the geese...but feel they will eat my grass seed when/if I ever get any planted.....but I have heard about the mess they can make on a deck.

• deedles
    11 years ago

Hey, your place looks really nice! I remember your kitchen questions over on the kitchen forum. Did you X post this over there by chance?

Glad you are in and getting settled in such a nice place. Your kitchen looks great, too. Did you do a final reveal and I missed it?

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I did post a couple of pics on kitchen....but not much response....maybe it was not "grand" enough compared to the show stoppers they see. My only final reveal was on here and building..
    Thanks for the nice comment.

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

Hi phoggie,
    I think your home is wonderful. I hope you continue to post pictures and let us know how you are doing. I would love to see your lovely front yard with that awesome porch!

Congratulations!!!

• deedles
    11 years ago

Oh, that's too bad. I can't remember seeing it. I'll have to do a search...

• krayers
    11 years ago

Phoggie, your home is beautiful and so well thought out. Looks to be perfect! Love the finishes you have chosen and are glad you are settled in and enjoying it!

• jswell32
    11 years ago

One word ...lovely!!

• Shades_of_idaho
    11 years ago

Phoggie your new home is Lovely and inviting. So glad you got the rains you needed to fill your lake.

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

it's just beautiful! I'm so happy you are now in it and all of those many decisions are behind you. Be sure to take pics as things start to bloom there and post them for us.

• phoggie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am trying to be patient, but the guys who are "supposed" to do my lawn and cement work are not as dependable as my building crew. I am getting a bit nervous...We are in a water restriction due to severe drought and our lawn planting season is drawing to a close......I hate to be at someone's mercy...and so I wait!

• ruthieg__tx
    10 years ago

Very pretty Phoggie.

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Congratulations,it's a very lovely house and you've done a great job with the colors and decorating.I wish you many more years of enjoying it.
    Kathi

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations