Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Small Kitchen in current Southern Living

User
14 years ago

Just got the new Southern Living magazine, and was very happy to find a small kitchen in an older home being featured.

The owner is turning it into a galley style kitchen, taking out part of a wall at one end to open the kitchen to the dining room (making it a much wider doorway I'd say). At the other end she removed a cabinet and now has room to do other things, like feed the baby. The stove moved from the spot next to the old narrow door to the dining room and is now on the outside wall a little way down from the sink. The fridge is on the interior wall and that is where the bulk of the new cabinets for food storage reside.

It is a white on white kitchen. Wood floors, white cabinets, white counter tops, stainless appliances, and a splash of color with the curtains and the dishes etc.

Very nice.

The new doorway to her dining room is exactly what I'm thinking of doing with our small kitchen, and it is a good example to show DH--I can never describe it so well, or draw it so well, that he knows what I'm thinking.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz