Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lgiorgi

Photos of small bathrooms

Linda Giorgi
17 years ago

I am in the process of redoing my small bathroom. Its the typical tub then toilet and then sink. Any special ideas you can share with me to help with storage. TIA

Comments (5)

• emagineer
    17 years ago

There are a number of smaller bathrooms in the "Bath" forum. But I would really like to see some on this one too.

Mine is also the "typical". I'm in the process of tiling the tub surround and making a decision on which tile. Go with white ( match fixtures)and a design trim to make the room seem bigger or a colored/textured tile to give the room some push....then what color to paint it.

Aside from what you asked...I have always loved the guest bath linked below and if I had one would do this in a minute. It is off the grid...creative thinking that I wish were in my head for evolving my bath into something unique.

Here is a link that might be useful: Guest bath

• twinsrus
    17 years ago

Here's mine.

• bud_wi
    17 years ago

You say you are "redoing" your bathroom. Is this a gutting and remodel, or a cosmetic update remodel?

If you are doing a major remodel you may be able to put in recessed cabinets. Use the space between the studs to build in a cabinet or two. They won't be very deep or wide, but work really well for shampoo and deodorant and stuff like that. Most people have way more stuff to store than what fits into the tiny medicine cabinet over the sink. Recessed cabinets don't take up any space in a small bathroom.

Store extra towels and bigger things in baskets on a high shelf. It looks better and doesn't seem so bulky like those big storage cabinets that are put in bathrooms.

I was able to find a square basket with a hinged cover that fits nicely under my sink to store hair dryers and junky stuff.

Target sells some smaller scale bathroom storage furniture. The items look very much like what they sell at PB but smaller scale, and not as good quality. I have a weird alcove in my bathroom and found a standing floor cabinet that is 18w x 9d x 36h. It fit in the space perfectly.

I, at one time, had a shower curtain that had pockets in it for storage. I did not like it, but you may find it to be a good storage solution for your needs.

• emagineer
    17 years ago

I keep seeing so much wasted space in my little house and keep coming up with ways to grab it.

Am currently tiling the tub/bath surround and realized there is 5" in front of the tub alcove. Am going to add a tiled ledge with enclosed storage below. Will continue the beadboard across with finger holes so I don't have to buy expensive cabinet doors. There is enough room across this tub area to put in 3 doors with drop down hinges and store TP, soap, mags, etc. Tis my plan at the moment.

I also saw storage placed in the wall between toilet and sink...there is a lot of room inside that wall. Mine is about 4" above the sink and has electrical in it....so not an option for me. But a good place to open up and put shelves in for small items. Photos seen seem to make the area look larger doing this.

The high self idea is great. One of the house I looked at had a really small bath, teeny thing. They had glass shelves around 2 walls (over the door height)with all their towels/etc. on them and really brought some color into the room. Have no clue how they got up there to get them though. But this could be used for storing multiples of items in boxes/baskets/tins.

• Linda Giorgi
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you everyone for sharing your ideas. I think I will try and put a few to work for me.
    Lynn

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida