Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Wood Floors Are Done!

Posted by Acadiafun (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 22:07

My house is a 64 year old cape cod that is 1500 square feet. We re-did the white oak floors. They are not perfect but I like them very much. We used oil based poly.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Wood Floors Are Done!

They are lovely.

o

They're a beautiful color.

o

Beautiful!

o

How nice! You must have had to remove everything. Did you redo the floors before moving in, or did you have to go through all that work and take everything out? If so, where did you put it all? That is such a major undertaking! Are you in Louisiana? I lived in Baton Rouge for four years in the late 80s. I recognize the "Acadia" part in your name could be from there, or from Canada. It is not good weather for doing floors in Canada right now, though - ha!

o

Hi Nancy. We live next door to my house with family where there is plenty of room and storage. We will move when the house is move in ready. There is still so much to do. Next will be the kitchen floor, then the upstair floors and bathrooms. After that the exterior of the house will be painted, we will put in landscaping and THEN tackle the basement which is large. The basement is my own little dungeon and I love it. We plan to deck that out for the zombie apocalypse. Family wants a connecting tunnel between the houses- but that plan is on hold. lol

Oil poly has a very strong odor that lasts for days with each coat. We could not have done it this winter while living in the house.

BTW-The Acadia part of my name is for Acadia National Park.

o

Wow! Excellent job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here