Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

We have a porch! :)

lavender_lass
12 years ago

As many of you know, a truck crashed into our house, last November. It took out our porch and pushed our bay window in about 6 inches.

I had taken a picture of the porch, earlier that day...to show you all my climbing rose (Bleu Magenta) and the arch I put there, now that it was getting so big!

A few hours later, the arch was knocked over by the porch moving about a foot...and it just missed the rose by an inch or two.

So, here's the before and after pictures, back in November.
{{!gwi}}From Truck hitting my house

Well, our contractor was VERY careful putting on the new porch...and here's a few pictures. It looks beautiful :)

Here's one of the barn kitties, up on the new porch!

The rose is still fine and I put the arch back this afternoon...bent up, but still supporting my little rose. I did wire the arch to the porch, for a little added support, but this is my version of Arc de'Triomphe! LOL

Comments (9)

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

It looks great! Did the accident mess up more than just the porch, or are you done with all repairs now?

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

Looks wonderful. So glad the rose survived.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marti- We're all done! The bay window and siding were repaired first. I'm so happy with the way the porch turned out!

Shades- Thank you! I'm so happy about the rose, too :)

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

LL, that looks great! I was thinking about you when I read it was 19 in Missoula. Is it that cold there, or colder?

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Actually, it's been really nice the past few days! Sunny and low 40s for a high :)

I'm sure we'll get more snow and cold, in a few weeks, but right now, it's beautiful!

• User
    12 years ago

Lavender, so pleased for you. It sure did shake your blythe spirit, like you had been victimized by a home invasion. Not a burglary, but a real home invasion! Having your perimeter restored safely might restore your sense of safety. Your rose looks great. Your PORCH looks great. Don't think a mere pickup truck will be moving THAT baby any time soon. It looks like he used heavy wood to plant it permanently.

Well, now that you've done that, will you start any big projects come springtime?

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

ML- You're right, this porch is MUCH more solid! LOL Our contractor said it would put a dent in the truck, not the other way around.

As for spring projects, I already started moving some garden obelisks and my 'fairy bench' over to the front of the house, to go in the new garden. And, I ordered five roses (for birthday and Christmas presents) for the new garden. This is going to be fun!

Here's the 'fairy bench' which has bells on the side. It was going to go in the 'fairy garden' but I think most of the front beds are slowly turning into more 'fairy garden' with roses, daisies, coneflowers, salvia, bee balm, lavender and other herbs :) {{!gwi}}From Lavender's Garden

• FlowerLady6
    12 years ago

Your new porch looks good, how scary that must have been. Glad your rose survived, and I love your bench.

FlowerLady

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, FlowerLady! Here's a picture, since we moved the bench. In a few months, when the ground isn't so wet and cold (all clay) we can start the new garden :)
    {{gwi:763876}}From Truck hitting my house