Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picture a small house...The saga continues

Posted by MushCreek (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 18:15

It's been a long time since I've posted pics on our house build, and the old thread was full, so here is the continuation. If you haven't seen it, here is the first thread.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/smallerhomes/msg0515015511080.html?10

The drywall is up, and the first round of taping and mudding is done.

Here is a shot looking in the front door, through the foyer to the living room:

photo 104.jpg

The living room:

photo 105.jpg

The back of the house from the living room, through the dining room to the kitchen:

photo 106.jpg

The kitchen. The sink goes under the big window on the left; the range is between the two smaller windows. The prep sink and fridge will be on the right:

photo 107.jpg

The basement stairwell. You can see the angled window returns I designed to lessen the tunnel effect of the thick ICF walls.

photo 103.jpg

The master shower opening:

photo 110.jpg

It sure makes a difference getting the walls done! FIY- the ceilings are 9' 6" throughout, and the tops of the windows are 8'.

Here is a link that might be useful: First house thread

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picture a small house...The saga continues

This is getting even more exciting! Congrats to you Mushcreek. It looks great so far. You've done alot of work and you should be proud.

o

Thanks for the update.

o

I can just picture the finished kitchen! All those windows are wonderful...and the detail on the last window is so nice :)

o

Mush- great light! You must be so excited now that it is easy to envision the final house. Can't wait to see more!

o

Very impressive Jay! Whatever are you going to do with your time when you finish the house?

o

Wow, how exciting to see progress on your house! You've done a great job.

FlowerLady

o

Jay, your angled window returns are so smart. They bounce the light all over the room instead of directing it in straight lines as the tunnel-effect window returns would. Now you can't be hanging curtains on the sides and losing that nice effect! It is so nice to see your progress, thanks for the tour.

o

Luckily, we're out in the woods, so there is no need for curtains.

Not much to show lately; I have been working on the HVAC system. Now that the weather has finally improved, I'll be finishing up the outside.

o

Looks wonderful. Those window returns are lovely. Great idea. Your kitchen is going to be a joy to work in. The shower arch is also really nice. So many personal touches.

o

Jay, I saw windows framed in at those angles in an old farmhouse/villa in Italy. That makes those walls give up more light to the interior.

So glad to keep abreast of your progress. It is really a house now, not a dream on paper.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here