Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bill the Junkman - amazing stuff!

Posted by desertsteph (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 16:20

I caught part of a show with a guy showing how to survive if electricity goes off... how to cook a turkey outside, run a gas generator from sawdust or the septic tank.

Things to have on hand to reuse rather than toss.

the show came on again on another channel so now I'm watching the whole segment with him on it.

It'll rerun tonight about 10pm (mtn time).

He lives off grid normally.

I read something recently about special meters they put in that can cause medical problems for people. The new meters allow them to control your electricity... I figured that was coming but surprised it's here already. Not surprised that it is causes problems and they put 'em in anyway.

I hope this guy puts this all in a book - or someone else has already done that.

he's on the Jim Bakker show on a church channel if you get them. TCT now and the same channel tonight I think.

i need to look up what a yurd is. maybe not spelled like that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
don't look up that word!

it's yucky.

he had to be saying 'yurt'. a dwelling place. he tells how to make one (basic) and use for it.

o
RE: Bill the Junkman - amazing stuff!

Yeah, a yurt. I read about those things when I was thinking inexpensive and basic, because I had no money.

Steph, if you want to read about this sort of thing on a regular basis, get a copy of Mother Jones Monthly. Try this online site shown below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mother Jones

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here