Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Creative ideas in the home (X posted in kitchen forum)

Posted by lavender_lass (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 8, 11 at 15:51

I asked this question in the kitchen forum and thought some of you might have some wonderful ideas, too :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to question

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Creative ideas in the home (X posted in kitchen forum)

Lavender, you are so busy stirring the pot this morning, that I might never finish my bathroom painting job. But quickly,
I have in the past painted old plywood floors in the family room at MoccasinLanding. White with a bright yellow border. It lasted about 2 years, even with several parrots dropping food and pooping in places. It was durable, did not require waxing. I was experimenting before I laid sheet vinyl. Lot of fun to do that kind of project.

I had not thought of our Lexan windows being a creative project, but maybe so. We did them as clerestory windows in our master bath and walkin closet. I am doing the final touchup to the paint job in both areas, have yet to clean the paint off my fingers. We also created our sun porch with Lexan panels, quite strong, lets full spectrum light through for the plants and for the parrots who stay out there in warmer weather. But you knew all about that.

I'm currently designing a tall linen tower for the master bath, using a pair of bifold closet doors (12" wide, 80" tall), plus a 12" wide 1" thick pine board for the back. I'll nail it to the wall, put fixed shelves inside, and then my towels will be all organized once again. I was planning to make two of them, but decided I'd buy a shorter cabinet about same w x d for a few other things. Something that looks Pottery Barn-ish. Of course, DH is yet to make the 36" wide x 10" deep x 36" tall storage for the dip-in behind the master toilet. It will have doors to hide all the pharmaceuticals and other non-display stuff that needs to be near a bathroom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here