Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cool idea for small home decor

Posted by flgargoyle (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 4, 12 at 15:50

I'm probably the last person to see these, but here is a company that makes peel 'n stick appliques for tile! They have a variety of different murals, as well as blank stock to print your own. They are washable, and peel right off. They can be used over, so you could change your backsplash to suit the season/mood. The website isn't very intuitive (for me, anyway), but the product links are on the left. What a boon for those of us who have a hard time making up his or her mind!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tile appliques

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cool idea for small home decor

I've seen some similar. If you use them, report back how well they stay on.

o

This is a great idea. I need to do some thing about my light switches and plug plates. They do not look good with the blingy glass around them now. Was thinking of painting them.Going to check out what is available here. Thanks Jay

o

What grabbed me is that you can buy the blank material, and print your own. That way, you're not limited to the size and pattern they offer. I notice their murals are sized for square tile, which wouldn't work well with the subway folks.

o

that looks great! will check 'em out after I get settled in.

took a quick look at the rocker switch ones - looks like they have the 'rocker' part marked on them and that's were the best of the pic is. wouldn't you lose that part then? or does it 'cut' out and you stick that part on the actual 'rocker' part?

o

Steph I think you put the cut out on the rocker part so the whole thing looks like the picture. that is what I got out of it.

o

Shades, just thought to tell you this....
When I had a mirrored undercabinet backsplash made, the glass company had the switch plates and outlet covers made of mirror. I think that is pretty standard. I know it sure looked sharp.

That was when I did my MoccasinLanding kitchen over, spent all of $5,000 on the whole job, including a new dishwasher, trash compactor, and a glass electric cook top...which I installed myself, no less, and also hung 16 feet of track lighting on the ceiling all by myself, with an extension pole (like for paint roller extension) to hold up the other end. Where there is a will there is a way.

One day, I'll dig out the old photos I saved from Hurricane Katrina and scan them...unless they are stuck together. That little house was precious to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here