Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cheerful kitchen...thought I'd share this :)

Posted by lavender_lass (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 26, 12 at 21:25

I found this kitchen, while looking for a soft yellow, for a friend on the kitchen forum. It's such a cheerful kitchen, I thought I'd share it with all of you. It feels like a shot of spring, in the middle of winter :)

From Kitchen plans

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cheerful kitchen...thought I'd share this :)

Oh yeah!!!
Behr quit making my favorite yellow, which this one reminds me of. It was THREADED GOLD. A soft light yellow ochre. But I'll prevail, I shall take a color chip to them to match.

And I like that picture, the warm table wood in the foreground left. The crisp white woodwork around the windows reflecting the light everywhere. Then look at that DISH RACK I think it is over the island? Above is display, but the lower part is all dishes on edge.

Note also the "infinity" edge of the counter tops beneath the windows. Now THAT's what I'm talking about. With a nice deep window sill all around, instead of adding a garden window.

I have plans for an undermount sink, and the smooth edge of the countertop flowing into the window area, I sigh to have it. Also note: this kitchen has LIVE PLANTS EVERYWHERE.

Other features I like: wicker arm chairs, glass doored upper cabs, but nothing to interfere with the view outside.
That chandelier is like wire lace, and real candles in it.

o

Pretty! I love that island bar.

o

it is beautiful. i love the colors and all of those windows! So much light coming in - just love it.

o

Love the windows and the light!

o

That is pretty. So light and bright and cheerful.

o

I know...it's just so sunny! I miss the sun, but I keep telling myself...one more month and then spring! Well, at least the beginning of March...and then spring :)

o

LL we have been lucky in the sun department.Almost every day has brought some sun. Today looks foggy right now.Hard to say what the day will bring. I check the webcam to try to get an idea. Some times it is just gloomy down here in the valley.

Hope you get sun soon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Highway Hill Cam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here