Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
young_gardener54

cottage for 6

young-gardener
10 years ago

I came across this blog today and thought you guys might enjoy this cottage tour. Notice what the paper on the typewriter says (on the tour page). It tells the story of trying to build a smaller home for their family of 6.

http://littlecottageonthepond.blogspot.com/p/tour-little-cottage-on-pond.html

Comments (5)

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

It's too bad the photos don't really show the house, but I'm guessing from the few glimpses of rooms they did show, that it's a bigger house than mine. I never thought of my house as a cottage though.

• Shades_of_idaho
    10 years ago

What a darling house. Thanks for the link young-gardener.

Well I know our house is not really a cottage considering it is a manufactured home. Looking at the pictures of this one above and other cottage pictures I think I am not really doing cottage in here any more.Fine good excuse to make new porch sign. I think I was more cottage before I cleared a bunch of crap out of here. GADS I have no clue what our/my style is any more. A house is a house of course of course. Or was that supposed to be horse?

I need to come up with a style for here to describe what we really do have. Thrift Store Decor. Or Yard Sale Design. I Like It So What?? I am not at all a beachy person as I am not fond of the beach. But I do see light and airy in here with soft greens instead of the beach blues. Comfortable relaxed spaces. A kick your shoes off and put your feet up on the coffee table.

I always thought I would grow up some day and care about good house furniture. I am not sure that is ever going to happen now being I am almost 65.

I wonder what this tells me about the stability of my brain? They say if you are loosing it you do not really know it. If you care or wonder about if you are loosing it then you are still all right. I do not think I care much any more. Hahahahaha

I do know I LOVE the size of our house. I have been able to accommodate us and our possessions. Not sure we have large storage but I do have the loft in the shop (garage) building which handles the over flow. This gives me options to change my decorating as I feel the need.

I always have the option to close in the front porch for very little expense. For now I am enjoying the porch as a porch. It is another 208 SQ FT.

• wordie89
    9 years ago

Bump. Very cute stuff on the link.

Cottage seems to vary between size and design. For me it means cozy, home, family, refuge.

I don't see a bar to calling a mfr home a cottage. jmtc.

• User
    9 years ago

I'll add one which I found on the current postings. From the Kitchens Forum. The big reveal. Interesting that this screen name is Home4all6.

It names the products.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home4all6 kitchen reveal

• User
    9 years ago

I call mine a cottage too. Not sure what the definition is, but like Wordie indicated above, it is mostly attitude. I am not a MCM person, not a "rustic" person, not avant garde, not minimalist, not beachy.

So, Shades, you and me kid, let's just say we are ECLECTIC. I feel for sure that you are, you do such great creative work.

The Eclectic Cottage?
    I still believe in naming my house. It started out as Casa Del Sol when we rented it. However, since we bought it, it changed to White Dove Cottage. This is the pouring of a White Dove I bought from Little And Lewis out in Washington. I have it hanging on the lattice shade screen at one entry to my hosta garden

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County