Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twinsrus_gw

Thank you so much emagineer... I still need help

twinsrus
17 years ago

I'm so excited, I have to thank emagineer for posting the slipcover website. I have been dying to get a red sofa but I couldn't justify buying a new one with our "old" (5 yrs) in such good condition. We have moved and the color scheme isn't what I want anymore so I didn't know what to do until I ran across this post and saw the sofa collection website. It was just what I was searching for. For anyone interested in the website there is a coupon AFF40 that will get you 40% your purchase until 1/31/07. So here is what I will be ordering the red cottage slip cover for a three cushion couch and the chair slipcover plus the blaze boxes rug. Now over my fireplace sitting on my mantel I have a huge framed picture leaning right now but the color of the picture won't work any more. I will be needing a new picture and I would like to buy a poster off of a website and just put it in the frame that I already have which I will probably be painting black. The poster itself would need to be 27 x 27. Any recommendations? I will also be needing pillows for the red couch, any recommendations for that too? One last thing my walls are Latte from Restoration Hardware.

Comments (6)

• twinsrus
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I guess I will not be getting the rug. I realize now that it doesn't come in a 5 x 8 which is what I really need. So anyone know where to find one similar and that size would be great too.

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Twins..how nice of you to thank me. And, you won't be disappointed. I haven't figured out how they sell these for the price and quality. Although, now I am in trouble and need to go look for a possible chair cover with the 40 off.

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Twins, meant to say I also bought the red for a change.

For rugs, try Overstock.com, they are having sales right now up to 50 off. I ordered a wool room size (12 X 16) and it is wonderful.

As for a poster/print, your size is a tough call as it isn't standard and not knowing what style you are after. Best option for both pillows and pics/prints is a Google "Image" search for color/print/size you are looking for.....example: pillows country red

Enjoy fixing up your room....you sound really excited.

• twinsrus
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I guess that would help everyone if they knew my style. I'm not really sure, I would call it modern Pottery Barn. I think that's why I have such a problem decorating is I like so many different styles. I mostly like circles, squares or stripes. I've tried buying solids in pillows and throws but all I see is boring. I know I need the help of the this board to pull of such a bold thing in a very small living room. I am very open to see what others would put with it if they had a red couch in their living room

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Here is a link discussing "red sofa" and suggestions for decorating.

Here is a link that might be useful: red sofa

• whirlygirl2000
    17 years ago

Surely a red sofa is very versatile, with all kinds of styles?! I, too, own a red cover for a sofa that used to be my "main" sofa - for me, it worked for lots of looks (and I get bored easily!). I put red with white/cream for a fresh look, using a white-painted rocking chair and both cotton and fur cushions. I used brown textured and knitted cushions and throws for a more rustic, winter look with beautiful woods. I used fresh greens in spring, with ribbons and red tulips. Bright rainbow colours when I wanted something lively. Red leather is fantastic with black and chrome. Gold classics go well, too, with variations in pattern and texture. Deep reds with light blues look fantastic and fun for families. I have tried all these things and used matching accessories, candles, flowers, ornaments, vases etc. from my wide collection to ring the changes!
    Enjoy...

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler