Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Sunshine Please see my post on the smaller home adjusting to post

susanlynn2012
17 years ago

Sunshine,

Please see my post on the smaller home adjusting to post since maybe Best Buys can exchange the LG FD model for the smaller model I bought.

Comments (7)

• Sunshine
    17 years ago

Thank you sooo much Lynn. I want the shiny white model in LCF21760. I'm not sure it will come in shiny white. I'm calling right now.
    Thanks, thanks, thanks
    Sunshine

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The LFD22860SW is the white one you should get since it will fit your space and be a french door model.

The model you like, the LCF21760 only comes in Stainless and is a counter depth model that is too wide. If it was counter depth and less wide to it would be comfortable for my short arms, I would have chosen the one you like also since I like the look of nothing on the door.

The model I got is very nice and I think you would love it in the white color and after getting the water hooked up start to like to have great tasting filtered water on the door and filtered ice in the freezer and learn to live with the look of something on the door so you have a refrigerator that fits.

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The LFD22860SW is the white model & here are prices with a link to a comparision site. See if Best Buys will order it direct from LG for you in the White Color if you like it since it is the same as the model you like but not a counter depth model but will be less wide and less tall to fit your space.

Here is a link that might be useful: The LFD22860SW is the white model & here are prices

• Sunshine
    17 years ago

I live on an island with unreliable electrical service. I have fried tvs, computers, phones, hot tubs, and entire circuit boards. I bought the extra warranty the covers lightening. I have a whole house surge protector and that still doesn't stop everything. The point is----I'm scared the electronics will fry first lighting storm. So I thought maybe the carpenter guy can move the cabinet up 4 inches about. That would give me clearance for the fridge on order and I'll get an electrician to move the light switch thus I get to keep the 25cu LG that is smooth and shiny.

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sunshine, I am happy for you! I know I would have loved to have a smooth and shiny LG with nothing on my door but opening such a wide refrigerator was uncomfortable for me. I am glad I bought the smaller size for comfort. You will love your LG French Door Refrigerator! The bigger one that you are buying has a big deli drawer that mine does not have and has a bin on the side of the freezer door that my smaller unit does not have. But again, I am petite and the smaller unit was better for me.

• Sunshine
    17 years ago

I hired a man on the island that does stuff like maintence and he raised the cabinet over the fridge 4 inches ($65.00-great price, came home it was done, no mess, and I just have to put the stuff back). I'm going to paint the wall today and clean the bar-I have to put the stuff back in the cabinet. This gives me a chance to clean the 2 cabinets and throw stuff away. I have 2 huge empty trash cans that are begging to be filled with clutter.

I'll take pictures and post this afternoon.
    Sunshine

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sunshine, I am happy for you since now you will be able to buy the refrigerator you want that I know you will be very happy with. We can't wait to see pictures.