Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why is it so difficult to find queensize captains/storage beds?

Posted by insearch (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 3, 09 at 11:40

1th -

I have been looking at the PB bed for 3 years now. What has prevented me from making the purchase is the cost. I love the bed! I have not yet found one online with similar quality and look. This week, I will start calling dealers in North Carolina to see if I can find anything similar but lower cost.

Regarding your comment on mold, of course I have not experienced it with this particular bed; but I do have a basement where I store furniture and have had a similar event happen. My understanding is that you can get rid of the surface mold but it may be embedded in the mattress. If you suffer from allergies (like my kid) I would not keep the mattress. I would get rid of it, purchase a new mattress, a dehumidifier (so that it doesn't happen again), and the PB mattress pad for $14.00. If buying a new mattress is not possible at this moment, another alternative is clean the mattress as best as you can, put on two mattress covers, still buy the dehumidifier and PB mattress pad. Hope this helps.

Can you tell me if you can use both a box spring and mattress with the Stratton bed? I know most platform beds only require a mattress but I would like to have both. If anyone has an answer to this question, please reply.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why is it so difficult to find queensize captains/storage bed

I see you are newly registered. If you wish to respond to a post in a thread just put your message in the message box below the thread. Hit preview. Then hit submit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here