Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
insearch_gw

Why is it so difficult to find queensize captains/storage beds?

insearch
15 years ago

1th -

I have been looking at the PB bed for 3 years now. What has prevented me from making the purchase is the cost. I love the bed! I have not yet found one online with similar quality and look. This week, I will start calling dealers in North Carolina to see if I can find anything similar but lower cost.

Regarding your comment on mold, of course I have not experienced it with this particular bed; but I do have a basement where I store furniture and have had a similar event happen. My understanding is that you can get rid of the surface mold but it may be embedded in the mattress. If you suffer from allergies (like my kid) I would not keep the mattress. I would get rid of it, purchase a new mattress, a dehumidifier (so that it doesn't happen again), and the PB mattress pad for $14.00. If buying a new mattress is not possible at this moment, another alternative is clean the mattress as best as you can, put on two mattress covers, still buy the dehumidifier and PB mattress pad. Hope this helps.

Can you tell me if you can use both a box spring and mattress with the Stratton bed? I know most platform beds only require a mattress but I would like to have both. If anyone has an answer to this question, please reply.