Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
onlygirl73

Help with kitchen layout in 80's backsplit

onlygirl73
11 years ago

Hello! I am looking for some input regarding my 80's backsplit galley kitchen! We are ready to completely gut and redo the kitchen however are not moving our solitary window. I have an issue with the front entry being RIGHT THERE in the kitchen because it does not go with the style of the house (if it was a lovely old farm house then I would be fine with it...)I am also partial to some separation of rooms but am flexible with removing the range/fridge wall to create good eyeline and flow. We are a family of 4 with one heading to university in 2 years. I am the sole cook with very occasional sous chefs lol! We are not big entertainers at home but I would like to change that, keep in mind that we are fairly casual people and do not use our dining room for meals more than 2x a year. It is mostly used for a desk area for me (where I currently sit :) and a staging area for casual sit where you want dinners. Our decor style runs traditional with shabby chic eclectic elements. We are doing a white cabinet with a 180FX Formica counter that I LOVE!!! The flooring is being changed in the entire 1450sq ft house to a warm mid tone brown engineered wood including the kitchen. I am considering making the dining room a small lounge area and moving the dining table and buffet/hutch that currently lives in the kitchen up one half flight of stairs (right in the dining space) to the rarely used 14x20ft living/dining room space we now use as a living room (we hang out in the lower level family room with fireplace and TV) I am going with new appliances including d/w, french door c/d fridge and 30" slide in range. Also a single bowl farm sink. Thanks in advance for your help!

This post was edited by Onlygirl73 on Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 10:23

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor