Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chris_pyle

Post your Snow Pictures

Shades_of_idaho
13 years ago

Here are a couple of pictures I took of the last dumping of snow.

The doves land on top of this power pole in spring and summer. Mother Nature created us a snow dove to enjoy for a day.

Comments (5)

• flgargoyle
    13 years ago

People in FL love snow- as long as its in someone else's state! Actually, I love snow, as does my 84 y/o mother. Whenever we shopped for a house, she would say, "I wonder how it will look in the snow?" There was a white Christmas at our property in SC this year- a very rare event. I wish I had been there to see it.

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Temp looks like 13 below this morning. Darn. I love snow and winter. I do not even mind the below zero. I only worry for the kitties on the porch. I have been keeping them well fed and watered. Oh Darn just checked the online temp and it is 15.7 below. That is too cold.

Glad you had some nice snow in SC You will be there soon and hopefully Mother Nature will shine on you and give you another White Christmas.

DH was going to go ride his snow mobile this morning. I believe there will be a change in plans.

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

Chris- You have a lot of snow! I like your winter dove :)

Flgargoyle- I noticed they had snow in SC...my aunt probably loved it...as long as she didn't have to drive!

It's finally getting warmer, here. Up to plus territory (LOL) now about 17 degrees! My husband is testing out his new snowshoes. He got them, to feed the horses, just in case we get three feet of snow...like a few years ago.

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    13 years ago

PHEW It has warmed up here to 14 above so that is a good thing. Sun will be going down soon and I imagine the temp with it. Already had three rounds of feeding and water to porch kitties. Probably have to do it twice more before bed.

At least I do not have to put on snow shoes. EEEKKKK LL I miss our big critters but I do not miss the winter care of them. Having to haul water to them from the house bucket by bucket. Do you know a cow can drink 25 gallons a day? the mules did not drink near that much but there were two of them. Will say one place we had had the hot spring and it was great to have the hot water for them.

• User
    13 years ago

No snow pics here.
    We've had lots of rain the past two days, maybe tomorrow as well. Those snow pics are awesome, Chris. Everyone take care with those low temps.

I managed to cook blackeyed peas, turnip greens, cornbread, sliced tomatos. We did not even touch the meat, just the nice veggies. My parrots pigged out. One of them likes to eat from his plate at the table.

Happy New Year to all.

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022