Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emagineer

Our discussion side

emagineer
16 years ago

Every once in a while a new poster will say "hi" on the discussion side. This forum doesn't seem to use it very much. Problem is...we have it there and tis' forgotten.

A new poster said hello yesterday. Suggesting we check that side once in a while and welocme those entering our small world.

Comments (21)

• emagineer
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bump

• neesie
    15 years ago

Do each of the forums have a discussion side? Maybe they're spread too thin? BTW, I'm Denise; I live in a small to medium size home on a five acre lot for the last 15 years (and lovin' it!)

• emagineer
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Neesie,
    Actually this was a mistake post by me. I meant to say "conversation" side. For some reason no one really shows up here. Not all forums have a conversation side. Sometimes I think we should get rid of ours, this post you responded to was from Dec. and hasn't seen any traffic. So most people would miss your posting...but welcome to our little homes.

• southernheart
    15 years ago

Hi emagineer....this side isn't as busy on this board, is it? The only bad thing about not having it at all is that the "powers that be" will yank any thread not related to "Smaller Homes" if it is posted on the discussions side (at least that happens on other boards).

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Neesie ~ Welcome to this forum. 5 acres sounds really nice.

I agree with southernheart. We need to keep this discussion side for things that are not related to Smaller Homes.

This forum is very quiet that's for sure. I guess there aren't too many of us who live in smaller homes.

FlowerLady

• agnesackneback
    15 years ago

I didn't even notice the conversation side on this forum until today. Don't know why, I lurk this forum quite a bit.

• User
    13 years ago

Hi. I just found the conversation side. I think we do a lot of conversing over on the OTHER half of our forum, and have never used the conversing side before. What should we do to get it reactivated?

This thread was last posted two years ago, plus a month.
    Wow. It is hard for me to compartmentalize my info, but I will try if that is what we should be doing.

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

Guess we just need to keep referring to this side in the other side posts for just conversations. It is fun to have this other side. I do see many of us me too just converse on the other side.

Several times I thought to put something here then figured no one will come. Maybe if all of us try. Shrug???

Chris

• idie2live
    13 years ago

I'm willing if everyone else is.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    13 years ago

LOL, what if someone posts a reminder thread on the other side, and then we take turns bumping it up to the top, like buehls 'Read Me if You're New' thread in the Kitchen Forum? That's probably the only way I'll remember to check here--I'm too much a creature of habit.

Could call it 'WHAT'S NEW ON THE CONVERSATION SIDE,' and include links to new conversation threads.

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

Mama_Goose that is a great idea. I do not mind people posting on the other side but maybe we should try to stick to the way GW set it up?

Chris

• User
    13 years ago

I'm glad that the background of this forum is PINK and not the plain white of the main group. Otherwise, I'd be lost in cyberspace.

Ok, time for me to recage the parrots so I can turn the ceiling fans back on. I am beginning to sweat here.

• flgargoyle
    13 years ago

I'll cruise through every afternoon if folks want to chat over here. I'm sure all of you know by now that I have no shortage of things to talk about! I've made several 'face-to-face' friends after getting to know people on forums- including folks in our soon-to-be home of South Carolina. Just be aware that I can be long-winded (long fingered???) Read what you want to and ignore the rest!

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

Hey Jay have you even been over to the City-Data boards? they are kind of fun and there are some state related. I enjoy all of your posts so let em rip. Your house and style and those wonderful clocks and the furniture. Every bit of it has been a pleasure to read. ML too like others have mentioned I feel like I am almost right there.

I too have met many internet people face to face and even one came all the way from Australia to visit us on her tour of the USA.

chris

• emagineer
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I can't believe you guys are responding to a post I started over 2 years ago. Tis a bit humorous, but will be fun to see what shows up now. And I'm glad we are growing.

• flgargoyle
    13 years ago

Chris- I visit the Greenville SC city-data forum every day! It's funny how you start to recognize people on other forums that you 'met' somewhere else! I have seen my friend in Greenville on 3 different forums!

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

Yah it is sort of funny Emagineer. But then this conversation side has not been used since about then so all the posts are still on top.

Jay I hang out at the Idaho boards of course. And Rural and Small town living is kind of fun too.

Chris

• columbiasc
    13 years ago

Okay, you lured me over. I'll start watching this side too.

Jeff (verysmallhouse.com) and I were supposed to chat by phone this weekend. He was a no-show. When we first made contact he offered to have me over to chat. Two emails later and his enthusiasm dropped of noticeably. His latest offer was to chat by phone. I emailed my number but never heard from him. Too bad, I was looking forward to that.

Chris will assure me it's not me, but I don't know, I seem to have a way with people. Maybe I should go into direct sales!

Scott

• emagineer
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Stop it Scott, you are just fine. I figure there are stranger people out there than me. You haven't figured into this one. Whoever dumped you may have blessed you. A few on board have turned out to be issues in making personal contact and can make it very difficult to go away. Sometimes I couldn't even figure out what they wanted and were just wasting my time. I stopped use of my GW email due to this. The internet is getting way too big. Sorry about that guy.

• columbiasc
    13 years ago

Oh I'm not loosing any sleep over it. It just seems funny. I drove past this cute little group of houses, sent snail mail expressing my interest in small homes and giving my email address if they wanted to chat. He emailed back and showed lots of enthusiasm. I was content to email my comments and questions. He said he preferred to talk in person and threw out the idea of meeting at his house. I was just fine having an email conversation. So how we went from that level of interest to no show is just intersting to me at the human level. No biggie, plenty of like minded folks here to chat with.

I found out today that about the time I was leaving work last night (Monday) a tornado was spotted more or less directly over my bank. I never saw a thing! Glad I missed it or vice versa. More storms tonight. Am I in Kansas Toto?

Scott

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

OH Dear Scott glad you did not get tornadoed. We are having serious winds here today Keeping it nice and cool though. Enjoying it. Between my naps that is. Hehehehehe My body has deserted me. It just wants to sleep.

Chris

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner