Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

December Tea...want to visit? :)

lavender_lass
12 years ago

It's been a little crazy lately, with all the insurance stuff, so I didn't get a chance to post Tuesday tea this week. If you'd like to just visit here, that's fine...but I've also included a link to the Cottage Garden forum, if you want to stop by over there, too. You'll find a few familiar 'faces' along with some new, really nice people.

Hope you are all having a wonderful December and enjoy your tea, or other beverage of choice. Happy Holidays! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Cottage Garden tea post

Comments (2)

• User
    12 years ago

Lav, so sorry to be late again. It is first day of winter today, I think. Christmas is this weekend.

I've been going to phys therapy for my hand, injured in packing my PODS. Then it seems every day going to one doctor or another. I am so happy that I am free until the 28th now.
    But I got my flu shot today, and for some reason, I am beginning to feel all ACHY....hope it is all better tomorrow morning.

My little cumquat bushes/trees really had a big crop of fruits this year. I've taken tins of them to four people so far, and just picked one bush clean. Plus, I've been nibbling on cumquats every time I walk by the plant.

Hope everyone is having a great December. This winter in Alabama has not been as cold as the previous two winters. But we shall see how it goes from here.

Are you huddled around your fireplace with a cuppa tea watching the snow come down? Is this a good time to think about New Year resolutions?

My resolve is to be better organized, and turn loose of old ideas.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

ML- I'm glad you're back in Alabama...but sorry to see that your hand is bothering you. I hope you feel better, soon!

Tea does sound good, in fact, I think I'll make a cup, right now. It's supposed to be a little warmer outside today (in the 40s) but the rain and wind makes it feel much colder. We're hoping to get the house repairs started next week (after the New Year) so I hope we don't have much snow...at least for another few weeks. Then, some snow will be nice, at least enough to protect the plants from the cold.

My exciting Christmas news (as far as presents) is that I got some more roses! My husband got me two more and my mom got me one...so five roses for the new garden!!! We got my mom, two David Austin roses and she's thrilled. She's totally gotten hooked, too. They're so much fun to grow and they have such a wonderful history, especially the old fashioned ones! Oh, I got an alba (Queen of Denmark) and two damasks...another Celsiana (one of my favorites) and an Ispahan. We got Mom a Golden Celebration and a Heritage.

Sorry, I seem to have gone off on a rose tangent. I'm very glad to see your cumquat bushes are doing so well...and I can't wait to see pictures of the tea house! That is going to be such a wonderful place to sit with a cup of tea and wait for spring. Happy New Year and all the best to you and your family :)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz