Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Are we having tea today?

TxMarti
12 years ago

I seldom make tea (I try to avoid caffeine), but today I needed just a small cup, and I thought of this thread.

Yesterday I bought Dove raspberry & dark chocolate swirl. It's yummy. I brought it to share, but you'd better be fast because I can't stop eating them.

Comments (5)

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

Oh, I could really use some chocolate! Save me at least one :)

We can definitely have tea today. In fact, I'm drinking some Earl Grey, right now. What kind of tea did you have, earlier? There are a few herbal teas I like, when I don't feel like caffeine...especially orange spice. Although there is an orange spice tea, there's a really nice orange spice herbal tea, too.

I wonder if I should go bake something with chocolate...that does sound good! LOL

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Well, I bought chocolate walnut cookies at the grocery store this afternoon; but it was too late for tea by the time I got home. I could still have a cup of herbal, that wouldn't keep me up all night.

I have a tea story. My aunt said they always celebrate her son-in-law's birthday when everyone comes home for Thanksgiving. Her daughter mentioned that Bill might like tea this year, and my aunt was asking me for suggestions. I told her I bet he would enjoy Yorkshire Gold. So she agreed if I'd go find her some that's what would be served. There's only one shop in the nearby city that sells Yorkshire Gold, it's actually a wine and liquor store with a couple aisles of teas and international foods; and I've been buying the YG there for the last three years. It's where I first discovered it. The night before my shopping trip, I was watching TV and a preview of a new show called "Homeland" came on. I've never watched it but it was so funny when during the preview Gwenyth Paltrow looks in a cupboard and says, "You don't get anything but mud out here in the stix, too bad you don't have any Yorkshire Gold". The guy says, "How did you know what tea I drank?". I was so surprised. That's the only time I've ever heard anyone anywhere mention this tea. So when I go to the shop, there are only two boxes on the shelf. I told the owner the story about the tv show and that maybe he'd better stock up. People may be coming in for Yorkshire Gold tea now! ha.

• User
    12 years ago

Oh dear, it is late and we best heat up the pot again.
    I've already had two cups of Hot Cinnamon Spice tea, which has a caffeine kick to it.

Marti, you can get some of the camomile or other herb teas which has no caffeine if that is an issue. I've also discovered a pomegranate fizz but I packed the box so I cannot recall who makes it. Those are teabags, if you don't mind, but if you are a purist and want loose tea, well, you can do some shopping on the Amazon.com market. That gives you an idea of what is available, and then you can search your local stores better informed. Tea is quite varied, much more than coffee, unless you like the latte and the cappuchino and espresso.

After working in south Louisiana for years, I learned to drink my coffee strong. But I cannot let it get any age on it, like more than an hour old, it eats my stomach alive!
    But now I'm become a tea buff. Coffee only for breakfast, and maybe after dinner when we go out.

But Marti, your dessert sounds fantastic, and I am dying here because we have not one thing sweet in this house...except my Splenda. And I looked at a picture of a chocolate cake with ONE SLICE GONE, and I was having visions of that ONE SLICE sitting in front of me. Tomorrow I gotta put on some decent clothes and drive up to the bakery, and see what looks good. sigh.....I better not go hungry....or we'll end up having banana splits and hot fudge sundaes over pecan pie for dinner tomorrow night.

.....this PODS packing is killing me!!!! :)

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LL, I love orange spice tea! There is a shop in St. Charles, MO that has a wonderful decaf orange spice tea and my dd gets it for me every year for Christmas. I need to remind her too.

schoolhouse, is Yorkshire Gold a flavor or just a good blend of black teas?

ML you have my sympathy. All that work and NO chocolate? I'd be frantic.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Here's a link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Yorkshire tea