Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Have you ever had one of those moments? :)

lavender_lass
12 years ago

First of all, I have to preface by saying...has everyone seen Miracle on 34th Street? Do you remember at the end, when Maureen O'Hara and John Payne are looking at Natalie Wood's 'dream house' and they see the cane in the corner of the room? And for a moment...you wonder if Chris Kringle is the one who brought them purposely to the house...so Natalie Wood could get what she really wanted for Christmas? I love that movie and whenever those little moments of 'probably coincidence, but...' happen, it always reminds me of the end of that movie.

So, in that spirit, I have to tell you the funny thing that happened yesterday, while I was looking at the debris, that was my porch and now boarded up window. I had been researching herbs and flowers for the nieces' fairy garden...which has grown from the side garden to around the house...and even under the plum trees. So what was once my cottage garden, due to all the herbs to keep the deer out of the roses...has kind of turned into more 'fairy garden'. Anyway, it was kind of cute that all the lavender, bee balm, sweet woodruff, spearmint, etc. were protective/safe herbs that kept unwanted trouble, from your home. So, as I'm surveying this debris...it hits me that the porch was pushed over, to exactly where the lavender starts, in my front garden. There's nothing in front of the porch or under the window...and then the spearmint is planted about 12" from where the window and structure were damaged.

So...this could all be coincidence and something else could hit that lavender tomorrow....but I think I'll add some herbs into my new garden next spring. I mean, it couldn't hurt, right? :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio