Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desertsteph

Rare find in local CL ads - and only 150.00!

desertsteph
13 years ago

just when I'm tired of looking because about all I find listed are moving boxes, dog crates and pool tables...

no great finds in the weeks I've been looking - not the good stuff I see others post about!

then I see THIS!

Here is a link that might be useful: CL ad

Comments (8)

• User
    13 years ago

Steph, I am speechless. I don't think anyone could top that.

Well, to comment on the full body searching stuff.
    I am boycotting air travel into or out of any city which
    has such searches in their airports. I don't need it, and
    I can live without it.

IMHO, this is a TEST to see just how far they can push the American people before we launch a total al-out rebellion against the abuse of power and the loss of our personal freedoms and rights to privacy, and the pursuit of happiness. Fear is the motivation, their weapon of choice, and I just don't buy it.

Remember that old movie with William Holden and ....was it Julie Christie or Kim Novak.....NETWORK....where the guy went off his rocker and said, "Americans, go fling open your windows and tell them, "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I JUST WON'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!" And since us Americans always rally around a madman, that is just what everyone did.

So here I am, a MADWOMAN, flinging open MY window, and saying, I'M MAD AS HELL AND I JUST WON'T TAKE IT ANY MORE.

Ohhhhh, that felt so good to finally get it out.
    sigh.......

• desertsteph
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hey madwoman - I totally agree with you!

they're just about ready to take control of our food too...

how about we buy it and make a traveling chair show out of it? we could take it around the country to townhall meetings and use it as a tell the truth or else chair...
    lol!

there's also a lot of stripper poles on our CL for sale - yuck!

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

The ad had been deleted, what was it?

• prairie-girl
    13 years ago

marti8a, the ad was for some sort of electric chair. A rather scary looking piece of furniture!

Up here, it seems to be that kijiji is used way more that CL. I'm not sure why, but when I search for stuff on CL I never find anything interesting.

I found this a little while ago. While a bit weird, I think it's a fabulous idea for camping, and I've been thinking that for places like Haiti where they're dealing with so much cholera sickness right now it would be a fantastic idea ....

Here is a link that might be useful: Incinerator toilet

• emagineer
    13 years ago

I wouldn't want to consider what that item was/is used for. It gives me the creeps just thinking about it. Thankful the ad is gone.

Steph, we don't have much in our CL ads either. It looks like junk or is priced far to high. Might be the area of the country, since I'm west too.

• desertsteph
    Original Author
    13 years ago

it's probably something someone bought at a government (ha!) auction cheap...it was very old fashioned looking. not something that would have been used in recent times -lol!

In Florence (our county seat here) the museum has an electric chair - one first used in the state I think. (the one in the ad probably replaced that first one!) I haven't been there in 15 yrs or so and am wanting to go thru the museum again soon. I'm hoping my sister will go with me. It's close to us and has some unusual stores. It's the same town used in 'Murphy's Romance'.

I wondered about the area of the country being the reason we don't have nifty stuff in CL also. Lots of moving boxes (for sale?) and dog crates... we're a transient area!

I only look at the ads with pics which might make a difference. some people still don't put pics in and hardly any description - like no dimensions/sizes. What ARE they thinking?

• flgargoyle
    13 years ago

CL is very active around here, with the 'General' heading filling up 100 items in a couple hours. I've gotten some great bargains, but you have to move FAST. Kijiji is kind of a dud around here; I didn't even know it was still around?

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

CL is active here too. In fact I've got some stuff listed and have sold quite a bit lately. I hate to admit this, but it's been pretty gratifying that the people who have bought things from us lately have come from north of Dallas. Gratifying because every time we ever found any furniture we wanted, or the girls wanted, it was always north of Dallas.

:)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio