Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chris_pyle

Why I have not been around much

Shades_of_idaho
15 years ago

Just so you all know. I am not dropping out here. I got two jobs within a week and want to keep both of them. So doing double duty right now. I am now the City Clerk for our little town of Midvale and in training for all of that. I was the cemetery sexton secretary treasure for the cemetery district in Cambridge and just quit that job after 11 years in September. No idea a month later I would take on the clerk job. As soon as I settle into the clerk job things should calm down for me. I will have more time to play and enjoy the computer. Right now I am putting in extra hours to train before the out going clerk leaves town. She is trying to sell her house but it is HUGE at 1900+SQ foot. Nice setting quiet street nice new triple wide on one acre.

The other job I do not need training for.I am just cleaning the little cafe in town after hours. Takes me a couple hours a night. No big deal. On the upside I consider it my workout time. AND I get paid to work out. I work hard lifting the chairs up and down off the tables and the big time sweeping job and mopping. Hauling buckets out from under the shelves in the kitchen. Bending stooping squatting lifting and generally moving fast the whole time.The owner runs a tight ship and it is a pleasure to work there.

Another upside to both jobs is I walk to work.About three blocks to each. I even walk home at 10:00 PM in the dark. Just bought good boots for the snow times that are coming. There are good street lights and one was out last week and as the city clerk I got right on the power company to fix it. Which they did the very day I called them. Nice power company since I whined to them I had to walk in the dark. Heheheh My job to do so. I finally have clout.

Chris

Comments (7)

• emagineer
    15 years ago

You sound like such a happy gal making work into postitive resources. Stay warm and safe on that walk home. And congrats on the new job.

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Chris ~ You are such an upbeat, positive person. It is neat that you got two jobs close to home and get paid to 'work out' also. I'm sure your employers will value you in no time at all, a hard worker with a positive, go get 'em attitude is a plus.

FlowerLady

• TxMarti
    15 years ago

Sounds like a great little town. Reminds me of the tv show Gilmore Girls with their cute little town where everything was a short walk from home.

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Real fast because I am pooped out. I found this little website on our little town. Thought some might get a kick out of it. My two jobs are City Hall and the little cafe.

Well tonight walking home down the highway at 10:45 all alone and not even concerned about it. I had to run off several of the local deer. They were getting too close to me in the dark. I was concerned they would bolt and run me down. Now you know you are living in the right place when the deer are your biggest night fear.

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Chris

Here is a link that might be useful: Our little town

• emagineer
    15 years ago

Good to hear from you and know all is well. I still worry about your night time walk, beyond deer. We have deer running around my place too. They couldn't care less about people, cars, dogs. They do love all the plantings and sadly with our short supply of water are spending more time in town than the mountains.

Enjoyed your little town site...and the "hot" mayor.

Keep warm and hope sleep was great.

Sandy

• TxMarti
    15 years ago

Looks like a great little town. I do believe he is the hottest mayor in Idaho, not that I've seen any others.

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi,

I am still working like a fool. Too many hours right now still trying to straighten things out at the City. I did it for the cemetery several years ago I can do it for the city. I think I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. Dang well better be. Heheheheh

Last night as I was walking home from work at the cafe at almost 11PM ,alone, I saw a neighbor riding his four wheeler over to the market,his market, to fuel up the wood stove for the night. At the cafe I had just left one of the gals was still there baking rolls for the Christmas banquet they were putting on for the telephone company today and her two aunts had just arrived to visit with her while she cooked. Another neighbor was still out hanging Christmas lights. Of course all the wild kitties were waiting for me on the front porch. LOL I am not really sure what I am getting at here only it was such a comfortable feeling to see so much activity in town and know what was going on and all so relaxed. Guess it is just the beauty of living in a small town.

That is all. Just waving hi and I really will be back soon. My house still needs lots of organizing work. I am actually looking forward to it. Oh and it was 19 degrees here this morning.

Chris

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm