Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emagineer

Love your home....

emagineer
17 years ago

Did any of you see this?

"Love your home community challenge"

Link below, but it is also at the top of Garden Web Page. Sounds really interesting and decided to sign up. Could be fun to converse about it.

Sandy

Here is a link that might be useful: Love your home

Comments (2)

• emagineer
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I wish this post would go away. It won't since there were no answers. Maybe this will bump it down.

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

Sandy ~ Long time no visit here for me. I usually hang out at Cottage Gardens. Anyway, I wanted to know did you sign up for this challenge? It sounds like a good concept. I check out books from the library for inspiration.

Last summer we went to NC for a vacation. It made us want to move away from the hustle and bustle, in this over populated area that we live in. I've done quite a bit of online searching for country homes and property. Have found a couple that are interesting, but we aren't really ready to move at this time so this morning I woke up with a different attitude about our place. What we have is really a little jewel for us. We have 1/4 acre with our little 50's cottage (a little less than 700 sq.ft.), a workshop, a barn, a big storage building and two smaller buildings. We have a secret garden behind our cottage, and other gardens around the property. We are remodeling our little place, working on reinsulating our attic right now, and also opened up our two tiny bedrooms to make one room, then we'll finish laying laminate flooring in an oak pattern. We are decluttering as we go, inside and out. Once we are finished, we can sit back and relax in our little home sweet home. Sure it would be nice to have a tad larger place, and more property somewhere 'quiet', with a change of seasons, but for now this is our little piece of paradise. May I learn contentment, enjoying the gift of each new day.

Painting the inside and laying the laminate flooring has made a huge difference. We have paintings and other things we have collected over the years that we decorate with. We do not want to collect any more stuff. Although we can't help to bring something home that we can use, seen 'curbside shopping'. We have become pickier though with what we take. :-)

I would love to hear about what you thought of this challenge and if it helped you.

I am loving our small home more with each new day. We have much to be thankful for. Some people around the world would think we had a mansion.

FlowerLady

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!