Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emagineer

Back on schedule

emagineer
17 years ago

Hi all...I am actually posting this to shove my "overwhelmed" post down. Sick of looking at that subject line and wondering how all of you are doing.

My son is gone for 6 weeks, a new position with his job which sends him on the road for weeks at a time and a couple of days back inbetween trips. He moved in with me a few months ago knowing his job was changing and we both agreed that having his place empty didn't make sense money wise. When he moved in here he brought more furniture and "stuff" than I had gotten rid of for living in a smaller home. Wasn't a plan that was planned. This weekend though, he packed up everything owned and put all in storage. All at once it became empty in the house.

I'll miss having him around, sort of....now have an extra room back in my little house. And back to my own schedule to get bunches done without interruption. Or just kick back and start doing things on a whim. Hope this doesn't sound selfish, but plans for a smaller house didn't include more "stuff". It was really difficult to get rid of things when I made this move and changing plans caused a bit of upheavel.

I had planned on "his" room to be an art room, but we needed to keep his bed there for the couple of days he lands in between trips and decided this works better as a guest room. The master bedroom (largest room) is my office combined with art stuff which works better than thought. Hadn't done anything to...somehow all the interior paint, new wood trim and tools/saws gravitated to this room for easy access. Total mess which I'm moving to the other room, but am almost done so the mess will go to the garage where it belongs in a couple of weeks.

Am feeling really good about organizing the office/art room which also has a corner with a comfy chair and TV. I may be on a roll to get things done and love thinking about the possibilities.

Hopefully this doesn't sound like I am greatful the big kid is gone, tis' more of a good thing for both of us to "get a life" again. Am glad I can be of help with his lifestyle and he returns the help by doing things for me when here. But, adult children on their own is as important for the parents too...it always feels odd to say my son lives with me and know he feels the same way sharing this information.

My conversation for the day....off to play with redoing rooms. Found a wonderful (my deal) cover for my bed which leads to great ideas to warm up the room for winter. And, the bathroom is almost done, what's left is the baseboard trim.

Total rambling....

Sandy in Colorado