Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Does anyone else enjoy a cup of tea?

lavender_lass
13 years ago

I love to have a cup of tea, whether it's taking a break from the garden, or having tea and treats with a group of friends. My favorite is Earl Grey (which I drink every morning) but I also like Jasmine and Brambleberry and I'm trying more herbs teas/tisanes lately. I collect a few (try to limit myself) teacups and teapots...and even an occasional tea accessory.

Does anyone else enjoy tea? Do you have it every day, or only on special occasions? On the cottage garden forum (conversation side) some of us get together and have tea every Thursday :)

Does anyone have a favorite place to enjoy a cup of tea? Maybe a place in the garden or by a sunny window...or the fireplace, as things cool off. Where do you enjoy your favorite tea? Any pictures?

Comments (15)

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

I love Teas. Favorites are Lemon Soother for evenings when I can not sleep. Orange flavor is good too. And there is a peach but I have forgotten the brand.

I pretty much have it when ever I want and am always trying new kinds.

Since I moved the love seat into the dinning room I like to have my tea on the love seat. Weird as it is only about 10 foot from where it was in the living room but for some reason it feels more comfortable in the dinning room.Rolling my eyes and shaking my head. Maybe because it is a weird place to have a love seat. I also enjoy drinking tea in my sewing room looking out the window to the court yard.

I also used to like to drink my tea or coffee in that mud room picture I had a few houses ago.

Oh How fun to join into an online Tea party. I like the cottage gardens board too, Has been awhile since I have been there. Not sure why.

Chris

• flgargoyle
    13 years ago

Here in the South, there's tea, and then there's hot tea. We drink green tea (iced) year-round. I make it up in a gallon jug with just a small amount of honey. It's certainly cheaper than that 'Arizona' product!

I love hot tea, but only when it's cold out, which is seldom in FL. I like hot tea with cream and sugar, as opposed to coffee, which I drink strong and black. Two entirely different moods for me. Anyone have any scones?

• User
    13 years ago

No, Jay, no scones here.
    But I now realize the connection between my grandma's favorite tea cakes and scones. They were not very sweet, and they were pretty much like a scone in texture. Really nice.

My favorite place to have a cup of tea or coffee, is in the swivel rocker on the sun porch. I love to visit with my parrots in the morning, which is their most vocal part of the day. Parrots never have a bad day.

My boy Kimali likes to take a sip out of my cup. In fact, he guzzles it.

• FlowerLady6
    13 years ago

A cup of coffee is my choice in the mornings, and herbal teas either afternoon or evenings. We have chamomile, peppermint, nettle, red clover, green tea and we also drink yerba mate. I might have a couple other herbal teas too, those are the ones off the top of my head. Haven't had regular tea in quite some time now, probably last winter at work. Years ago I had jasmine tea and that was nice.

FlowerLady

• emagineer
    13 years ago

Can I join your Tea Party and bring my Ovaltine? It has always been my morning comfort drink and sometimes I'll just make some for dinner, nothing else.

Did I high jack this thread?

• User
    13 years ago

Emagineer sez: "Did I high jack this thread?"

Hmmm, not so that I noticed. It is sort of a morning hello thread, right?

But until I get around to grocery shopping again, something I don;t enjoy much when shopping for one, I must pick up some coffee filters. I usually brew in my 4-cup electric Mr. Coffee. I really do not appreciate instant coffee. Today I used for the first time a French press individual contraption that I bought about two years ago at the boat store. It was a fine cuppa j.

When I get a gas range, I will probably use the antique Cajun "biguns" which do the French style coffee akin to espresso. I have 3 of those tiny pots, make a cup each. Their style so reminds me of my days along the bayou, during the years I worked in the oil fields of coastal Louisiana. I can smell the coffee and the salty marshes now.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am so glad we have so many tea, coffee and Ovaltine drinkers here :) I hope you'll all join us tomorrow for Thursday "tea".

The fun part is visiting and having an excuse to take pictures of teacups, dishes, parrots, gardens, whatever we feel like at the time. Schoolhouse did a great summer picnic over there the other day. She has an unbelievable picnic basket and a beautiful garden!

I made blueberry muffins today, but I think cinnamon sugar coffeecake muffins might be what I make for tomorrow. I made the blueberry muffins for my mom. Any favorite recipes for tea? ML, do you have any of your grandmother's recipes?

Tomorrow, try to join us, or just jump on here and we can have two Thursday teas! LOL "See" you tomorrow :)

• flgargoyle
    13 years ago

I'm still looking forward to the scones....

I make several kinds, but my favorite is Bailey's Irish Cream with white chocolate chips. And then there's apple cinnamon.....

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Okay, we need recipes, Flgargoyle. Bailey's Irish Cream with white chocolate chips...apple cinnamon...yum! :)

• xantippe
    13 years ago

I love tea! We probably have 40 boxes--about 20 in storage and 20 in use. We finally bought Ikea tea boxes to hold our teas, and then went even more crazy and sorted by type and used the label maker. So now we have "Green Teas" and "Herbal Teas" and "Medicinal Teas" and "Black Teas" and "Decaf Teas".

I drink so much tea at work (about 5-6 cups a day) that I got an Ikea box for my drawer.

Yes, I suppose you could say that I am an addict. But there is nothing more soothing and cozy than a cup of tea. Tea solves everything. Every time a friend or family member has a disaster, I make them tea.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea Tea Box

• desertsteph
    13 years ago

"I like hot tea with cream and sugar"

I grew up drinking tea like that! tea and toast - loved it.

I haven't had it in yrs. bought the tea for it and my sister bought me a tea pot for when I get moved and have a kitchen again.

I drank coffee from my early 20's til I got sick. I made some here for a time but was so sick I usually only drank 1 cup and the rest I threw out. hope to change that also when I move. get back to drinking them both.

I also like to put green tea in my water bottles to drink when I drive. i usually always take water with me.

• prairie-girl
    13 years ago

I love tea. My mom was of British descent and she loved her afternoon tea. I don't get to have it very often due to job etc, but it is a real treat when I sit down with a cup. I am a morning coffee person, but tea is 'special'.

Emagineer, I love Ovaltine as well. It's very much a 'comfort' drink for me when the weather is yukky and I need a warm hug.

~Missy

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Today is a perfect day for tea! It has been raining for the last three days, the aspens are bright gold and the high is about 49 F. Earl Grey is my friend. Now, to make some cinnamon muffins to go with it :)

• emagineer
    13 years ago

Missy, sometimes I think I'm the only one that even likes Ovaltine. Glad to know another finds it as a comfort drink. We had some snow yesterday, tis' the time of year for my comfort to enjoy. I always feel winter is like a tranquilizer, slowing people down and the serenity/quiet of a snow fall.

As for tea...why is buying Tea in England so much better? After traveling there I could not come up with anything that tasted the same, even if it said it was the same manufacturer.

• prairie-girl
    13 years ago

Had a 'cuppa' today at work. It was a special gem in the midst of a busy day. :o)

Ovaltine and snow are perfect together, emagineer. I first had it when on a visit to England as a child with my mother. It was wonderful on a cold, foggy, freezing autumn day in an icy stone house. I had never experienced 'no central heating' like that before!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH