Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

doc martin tv

User
12 years ago

Whoever mentioned Doc Martin series on BBC TV, I wish to thank profusely. I love the episodes I've viewed so far.

And, I kept exploring the history of the series, and learned that a couple of TV movies started the whole thing. Don't hold me to it, but I think they were the start of it. Maybe it was the movie SAVING GRACE which started it, but I think that movie, a true delight and funny as all getout, may have spun off from the two "made for tv" movies about Doc Martin.

Anyway, I learned that while some actors changed, characters changed, that they basically mutated into the TV series episodes, the SAVING GRACE movie, and the DOC MARTIN 2 TV movies. All laid in the little seaside town of Port Isaac, or Port Wenn as it is called in the Doc Martin series.

The fact that SAVING GRACE is related to the Doc Martin stuff, is enough recommendation for me to acquire the movies, which arrived from Amazon today. I cannot wait to sit down with my DH and watch the first one tonight. It is always nice to have someone to laugh with, and he loves the British sense of humor as much as I do. Plus I have yet to find a character in what I've seen so far, that is not properly drawn by the actor, or created by the writer.

If you can possibly do so, please look online to watch episodes of DOC MARTIN, and if you subscribe to NETFLIX, I'm told it has the two movies avialable for online watching. Plus, cable TV subscribers can look on the HBO online site and watch TV episodes there.

I like to watch the whole schmear, because I watch the scenery, and the homes, the interiors of the pubs, etc, and the boats in the harbor. It is definitely good escape material.

Let me know what you think.

Comments (3)

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

Oooh, thanks, I'll have to look for those. I hadn't looked for the tv show on Amazon since they were on hulu.

Another show you might like is "Rosemary & Thyme". It's about two women, a common gardener like me, and a horticulturist, who team up to start a landscaping company, and keep stumbling over murders, which they solve. It's set in England and sometimes in France, in absolutely gorgeous gardens and old houses.

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

I just looked for Saving Grace on Hulu, and there was a trailer for a movie with Craig Ferguson. Is that the one?

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marti, I know that Craig Ferguson is a multi talented man, and he and another man created the Doc Martin character, and he was the gardener in Saving Grace. He has several more scripts and movies to his credit, so I cannot say whether the one you ran across is it or not.

But I can guarantee you one thing.....you will be amused and really LOVE the movie. The movie SAVING GRACE, the two Doc Martin movies, and the Doc Martin series episodes, are all laid in the Cornwall fishing town of Port Isaac.

Now I am interested in looking into ROSEMARY & THYME.... I do thank you for introducing me to the Doc Martin series, which dovetailed so well with Saving Grace. It is the kind of story.,..and scenery....that I can get my DH to watch.
    Common gardener, like you AND like moi, and then a real horticulturist, like I have a friend who is one of those, but she is so laid back it is hilarious, always working on HER huge property, and doing volunteer work related to gardening and clean waterways. Really a fine friend.
    Maybe you need to find yourself such a friend too? I sure have learned a lot of Latin from her. I have a really great story to tell about her and volunteer work, but this is not the place to tell it.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz