Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelcub_gw

The ultimate irony

angelcub
17 years ago

Last month I had to get DH and I new cell phones. I didn't want our plan upgraded because we don't even use all the minutes we have now. So the cingular clerk assures me all will be the same. Well, you can already guess the ending, right? Looked at my bill online and we had two different plans for the phones.

No biggy, I think, I'll just CALL them and get this straitened out. WRONG! They insist I must go to the cingular store where I got the phones to solve THEIR mistake!

A phone co. can't resolve a phone bill on the phone. HUH?

Diana

Comments (5)

• georich5
    17 years ago

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!

I love dealing with phone people as much as I like going to the dentist. Having been with 2 different companies currently the same as yours, I've beat my head against the desk trying to get rid of a few "simple" kinks.

My advice:
    1. Take advil before you go to the store/kiosk.
    2. Don't talk to a kid in school...they promise you everything and quit the next day to go back to school. Company won't honor all the discounts they say you can have.
    3. Getitinwritinggetitinwritinggetitinwriting.
    4. Take some more advil.

We had over 3,000 minutes left over last year. Lost them Dec 31 and started over. I have to say I feel safer in the car at night and know my girls are safer too. I can't see me giving it up. Don't have a camera phone and I don't know if I want to get that techie. Kids of course have all gone over.

What will they think of next...
    georgeanne

• emagineer
    17 years ago

I have to watch the bill every month, they seem to like to change things on a whim. Easy for them, always difficult for us.

Wish I could just get rid of the home phone, that $24 a month changes to $40 with all the regulation/tax charges. And water is almost as bad charging for sewer use. Would go to only a cell, but I am into TIVO and the bad habit requires home connection.

Loved your list Georgeanne.....it fits with everything we do that has a bill attached.

My biggest gripe is with health insurance. I swear the same person answers everytime. She is rude and will not give me information unless I know the "correct" question to ask, it is wearing to go through her silence at the other end while I figure out what she needs from me.

On to having better things going on....

Sandy

• angelcub
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for commiserating with me. Tylenol's my drug of choice, swallowed down by a few ozs. of Pepsi. : )

Things turned out ok but still what a bother. My old plan was very OLD so it got dumped automatically when they made the changes to the new phones. I got the same clerk as the first time and he spent over an hour trying to get things back the same. Wasn't gonna happen. But they gave me a comparable plan and took off a bunch of previous charges, so not so bad. We did need a bit of an upgrade, too.

The worst part is my windshield was hit by a rock on the way home. And I had just got it fixed from one that hit it the week before!!! Caltrans is doing some major highway work so these big dumptrucks are constantly on the one major road we all have to use to get anywhere. Ticks me off cause it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't gone out to take care of that blasted cell phone stuff!

Sandy, can you get her name next time and report her? We had to do that with one of the gals that works at our doctor's office. She snickers, rolls her eyes, makes things out to be a big deal, as if the money were coming out of her pocket, etc. She's better now although she does slip an eye roll in now and then. I keep telling myself - so sad to be her.

Georgeanne, our new phones take pics but I haven't used the feature yet. They'll probably charge me family portrait rates if I do. lol!

Diana

• postum
    17 years ago

Whenever I talk to tech service people on the phone, I always ask what the weather is like there. Interesting to know that I'm talking to Calcutta, or Manila...guess they don't have to worry about long distance charges...

• downeastwaves
    17 years ago

Hi Diana,

I know what you mean, when we started traveling a few years ago we got a Free-To-Go plan from ATT. Pay for the minutes up front and no problems with a bill not finding us while we were traveling.

Worked pretty good although while in the phone companies in the southern area treated us like second class citizens and would not let our calls go thru except early an or real late at night.

We get coverage about everywhere.

Now, we have a message on our phone that we need to go to a Cingular phone store and get a new phone and new service, sigh....I hate the thought of that.

Leasa