Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsmarv1951

Look who came to visit...

mrsmarv
17 years ago

...this morning

We have a family of deer who reside on our property. While getting ready for work this morning, the whole family came to visit...young buck, doe, and their 3 small young uns'. The picture above is Mama and one of the babies. Can it get any sweeter?

Comments (5)

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Gosh Mrsmary...can't wait to get my camera going. I knew from your title that this was going to be "animals". It is wonderful to have our visitors show up.

Would love to see other's pics of their visitors. We have deer all over here too...along with bear and I live in the city. I relandscaped the front yard and wisely checked on plants/trees that were deer proof. Wisely isn't exactly true, planted two red maples and the next morning they were deer lollypops, moved them to the back yard....the trees, not the deer.

• georich5
    17 years ago

That pic is so soft and serene, thanks for posting it.

georgeanne

• bzyathome
    17 years ago

Mrsmarv, how sweet they are. I have seen deer above us on the hill a couple of times since we've lived here but there's a new subdivision going in now and of course, has ruined the wildlife population near my house.
    I do however, have skunks that decide to pop in occassionally and I killed a snake yesterday that was on my back patio. DH was upset that I killed a little gopher snake......I was sure it was a rattler! BUT I HATE snakes, all snakes, doesn't matter, they scare me to death, so better them than me!
    Marilyn in NM

• angelcub
    17 years ago

Sweet, indeed. How lucky you are to have them sharing your lovely surroundings. I think I would spend a lot of time watching out for them and their daily activities. Do they bother your plants?

LOL, Marilyn! I used to feel the same way. Then I had to kill a rattler one day because there was no one else to do it. Since then I've manage to decapitate one or two every summer. But now that I have kitties that go outside the rattlers rarely come around. Still, they get a bit bolder this time of year because water becomes so scarce so I'm always alert to them. I've had too many close calls. I keep the flat head shovel sharpened and nearby. ; )

Diana

• mrsmarv
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The deer do decimate our plants, even the ones that are supposed to be 'deer-proof'. Unfortunately, when we catch them 'dining' on our plants/bushes we go outside and shoosh them, but they just look up and continue eating. The nerve!...must mean they feel safe ;o)