Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desertsteph

Surprise! It's seriously crazy - but cute!

desertsteph
12 years ago

A puppy - or as I call her - a pubby...

she's just stopped for a second - from chasing her tail! The pics before and after this one were just a blur! Her tail is still in 'blur' mode in this pic!

and here she is (on the left) with her new big sister (my old girl)

I bought her a new pool - by the next day it had holes in it. She attacked it, was dragging it around the pen and knocking it up against the fence. My neighbor even heard the commotion and looked over. She laughed and told me about seeing it happen. i was inside and thought it was probably the end of the world...lol! about 2 wks later I bought her another one - pink this time and put a cement block in it. It's lasted several months now.

then she started attacking that white plastic chair in the pen - so I removed it...

she also likes to 'attack' the wind. We have numerous wind (dust) storms out here and she just goes blooming nuts over it. chases it from one end of the pen to the other - often stopping in between for a quick tail chasing episode.

And PAPER? oh my goodness. If even the tiniest piece of paper comes blowing by she goes berserk. If we're ever attacked by a paper person I'll have clear warning...

but let work men, Mr UPS, Mr mailman etc drive in and out of the drive and silence - because she's hiding behind the solid 'wall' in the pen where they can't see her...

great. I sure know how to pick 'em. Well, I did in the past anyway.

I haven't even named her yet. Started out with Sqwert. Now i've been calling her Spooky (because she is!) along with Syko and Snutz.

Oh, I forgot the b i r d s. Even ones that aren't... there anywhere. Yep, she runs from end to end and side to side trying to attack them. And she has been known to run while looking up at the sky and run flat into the fence. She'll even run around at night with her nose in the air by the edge of the pen yipping away. and jumping up like she's trying to jump over the fencing.

She's good at dancing around on her hind paws...

Snutz I tell ya!

I 'spect she made her way to the right home.

I have to be careful with pup and my old girl tho. She'll bound up to girl and almost knock her over with energy rays.

here's girl in the new place -

Comments (5)

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

AW New Girl looks like fun. Old Girl looks like she is smiling in your new house.

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

They're both adorable! Puppy is ferocious with paper, but hides from delivery men...that's too cute :)

• User
    12 years ago

Aw, Steph, how good for you to give her a home. It appears she may have some greyhound in her. No telling what else.

Even when you get a dog still a puppy, it has formed its opinion of the world. Like my little Moon Pie, who I found at a bird fair when he was 7 weeks old. He'd been removed from his mama at the age of 3 weeks and taken on the bird fair circuit, a bad thing to do to a little baby. As a result, today as he nears his 12th birthday, he still will follow me around and cannot be more than a few feet away from me. He was just a little white ball of fluff at 7 weeks, but he knew I represented security for him. I knew if I had not taken him home with me, he'd have returned to a puppy mill existance. Poor baby, every kind of health problem you can imagine, but he is true blue. A little mama's boy.

• desertsteph
    Original Author
    12 years ago

shades - the pup IS fun - she is sooooo silly! she likes to take her 'toy' for a walk with us. She walks with the 'toy' in her mouth. it's one of those 'weight' looking toys with a ball on each end of it. So, she walks with the in between skinny part in her mouth and a ball on either side of her mouth. one of these days I'll get a pic of that! She'll run around her pen looking for 'toy' when I tell her to. If she's ready for a walk before i am she'll grab her toy in her mouth, come to the gate, jump up and down and 'dance' around on the back 2 paws.

my old girl does like the new place. There's so much open space she can just 'walk' herself all around - from room to room. She's getting to where she doesn't want to go up the steps tho. I've been lifting her. I'm gonna look around this wkend and see if i can rig up a board as a ramp. I've also been looking on CL for a ramp or better steps. I have 2 really nice sets of steps but both need a forklift to move them. The ones to the new place are an old rickety set from my sister's mfg home yrs back.

LL - I'll have to tell anyone coming here to throw a piece of paper out their truck/car window so puppy will yip and bark... I was very spoiled by boy - NO ONE came on our land without me knowing it - he made sure of that. They couldn't even stop out on the road - or drive by slowly. He knew and let me know. And everyone was afraid of him. except dbf, my sister and the neighbor boy. they could come in w/o him barking - at least not the 'someone's here and I'm gonna eat 'em' bark.

ML - this little monster I found on CL. looked because I couldn't believe someone would sell their dog on it. And what I saw looked so much like girl I thought they should be sisters. She was also spayed, chipped and had her shots. That was a savings. They'd wanted 30.00 for her but the woman said she really only asked that to be sure she got a good home and she was sure of that with me - so, she dropped that cost! She also said they were getting rid of her because her dh was allergic. hmmm, not so sure really. pup was a handful the first few months. wouldn't let me touch her around the neck. She twisted, turned, wiggled, bit at me etc. It was a fight to get her collar off after about 2 months to loosen it for her. She was growing... and try to declip her from her leash and onto the cable? yikes - I had serious scratches on my arms and a nip or 2. And she snarled and snapped at me when I pet her while she was eating - she did that once and learned it's not good to bite the hand that feeds you. I make sure to always pat her on the head or back so she stays used to someone's hands being there when she is fed.
    Well, she's stopped those things now and is much easier to deal with. I'm sure she was just scared and nervous about this new weird place and new weird 'mom'. She's been good at 'sitting' since day 1. She'll sit for a cookie or if I tell her to.

oh, she does have a bit of heeler in her. She has the foot markings - as does my old girl.

• Nancy in Mich
    12 years ago

Steph, any more pictures of the dogs or your house?

She does look like fun!

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource