Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

MMMMM, dinner!

girlgroupgirl
17 years ago

Tonight I made up a new dish for dinner. Hubby had to work late (again) and needed to be spoiled. He did someone else a favor and really deserved a treat.

DH loves potatoes, black beans and cheese. So I decided to start there.

First of all I "baked" two smaller potatoes in the microwave. It's just easier that way.

Then in a skillet I fried in olive oil 1/2 a small onion, a large clove of garlic and when that was done I added 1/4 c. water and 1 can of fat free refried black beans and 1/4 bag taco seasoning. The water helps the beans loosen up. I heated that through and left it.

Then I smashed the potato, skins and all with a teaspoon of butter, some milk (I use almond milk, you can use real milk!). I placed the smashed potatoes in the bottom of my quiche dish (which is larger than a pie plate). I topped that with a hefty layer of spinach leaves and then added a bit of shredded cheese (maybe a 1/4 cup) and then a layer of sliced red peppers.

On top of this I added the refried beans, then another layer of cheese 1/2 cup this time, and three rings of pepper for the pretty.

I just baked to heat through and wilt spinach at 350 (about 20 mins). I topped this with a nice helping of chipoltle salsa and some cilantro. We ate it with corn and fresh sliced tomatoes from the garden. YUM!!

GGG

Comments (3)