Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

MMMMM, dinner!

girlgroupgirl
17 years ago

Tonight I made up a new dish for dinner. Hubby had to work late (again) and needed to be spoiled. He did someone else a favor and really deserved a treat.

DH loves potatoes, black beans and cheese. So I decided to start there.

First of all I "baked" two smaller potatoes in the microwave. It's just easier that way.

Then in a skillet I fried in olive oil 1/2 a small onion, a large clove of garlic and when that was done I added 1/4 c. water and 1 can of fat free refried black beans and 1/4 bag taco seasoning. The water helps the beans loosen up. I heated that through and left it.

Then I smashed the potato, skins and all with a teaspoon of butter, some milk (I use almond milk, you can use real milk!). I placed the smashed potatoes in the bottom of my quiche dish (which is larger than a pie plate). I topped that with a hefty layer of spinach leaves and then added a bit of shredded cheese (maybe a 1/4 cup) and then a layer of sliced red peppers.

On top of this I added the refried beans, then another layer of cheese 1/2 cup this time, and three rings of pepper for the pretty.

I just baked to heat through and wilt spinach at 350 (about 20 mins). I topped this with a nice helping of chipoltle salsa and some cilantro. We ate it with corn and fresh sliced tomatoes from the garden. YUM!!

GGG

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x