Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinmich

Chris, wanna move to Ann Arbor, MIchigan?

Nancy in Mich
12 years ago

Someone is selling a turnkey mosaic business - studio and tools for ten students and a ton of glass. Also, probably the same person is selling grab bags of small mosaic scraps and is willing to ship. You know, I think our winters are not as cold as yours in Idaho. But there a LOT of people who live in SE Michigan, it might be a bit of a shock to the system after your mountains.

Here is the ad for scrap glass

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/art/2475635634.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic Shop ad

Comments (4)

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

Very interesting. I just bought out a stained glass artist a couple of weeks ago. From an add on Craigs list. Got a car load of glass and tools needed to do stained glass. I have not tried it yet. Just got it all put away into my studio. Course I had to redo the whole studio to get the new things in. So glad I had lots of things go away the week before. They always say give some thing away and it comes back to you ten fold. EEEEKKKKK the great upside is my studio is all sorted out and every time I do this it gets nicer to use. Having every thing organized makes so much difference.

Will be a great deal for some one. If the price is right. I am staying put here. Thanks :^))))

• Nancy in Mich
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ah well, it was worth a try. I really want to see your mannequin in person one day!

I am with you on organization. I yearn for the day when we get the front room, foyer, and garage back. We Shall Be Organized! I had to find a battery today and was pleasantly surprised that my attempt to keep the box of batteries near the door of what used to be Dad's bedroom was successful. You can no longer really enter the room without taking the folding bed out. The room is stuffed! But I found my box of batteries. Just don't ask me for my office supplies!

• User
    12 years ago

Up north, DH is working on his garage, which barely had enough walking space to roll up the door and walk to the back corner to go in the basement....which was my route when snow and ice were everywhere.

Now, he tore out the spot inside the basement where he hung all the skis from when his kids were living at home, and is turning that area into a mudroom. But to get this work accomplished, he has a huge pile of pure junk out in his driveway. Up there, no good municipal trash pickup like we have in Mobile, so it will cost him a minimum of $200 to call John the trash man to pick up when he has a sufficient size load. It is surprising how MUCH JUNK collects in a man's garage/workshop after 45 years or more. But that was HIS decision to toss the trash, but find new homes for his extensive tool collection. I do not think he realizes just how popular old hand tools are for resale.

The stained glass man in Mobile gave up on the business, that is how I could afford the antique window in my bathroom. Now, he is creating cement countertops in the same workshop. Maybe the stained glass business is declining all across the country, and you'll find even more offers of glass from closer to home.

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

the stained glass guy I bought from said he sold his last window. Was gorgeous and he about gave it away. I am so glad I do not try to sell my work. I am selfish and ever refuse commissions. I buy what I can afford to use and call it good. LOL

Nancy you should make a trip to ID. That is GREAT you found the batteries in all you have been having to deal with.

OK Folks I am off to one of my biggest meetings of the year. EEEEEEKKKKKKK Why I have been kind of quiet here. Too much city stuff in my head.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz