Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerlady6

Where is everyone?

FlowerLady6
17 years ago

This forum sure has been quiet after the big rush of it's grand opening.

Lately I've really been loving our small home. We've done some recent remodeling and are still in the process and what we've done really makes our place nicer and more comfortable.

I love pulling into our driveway into our little 1/4 acre compound and then going into our tiny cottage. It is our home sweet home, humble though it is.

Let's get some action going here.

FlowerLady

Comments (4)

• mrsmarv
    17 years ago

To answer your question ~ We're hibernating! LOL ;o) We've been doing small odds and ends around the house. I purchased two bookcases to flank our TV armoire in the livingroom. Took me about 3 hours to assemble them (purchased at Target), and I have to say that they look darn good. I've been looking for the "perfect" height and style for a while and these really fit the bill. I sort of stumbled on them, which I took as the proverbial "sign". A friend of ours came over last week and he asked where we got them. When I told him "Target", he was very impressed, saying that his wife would have gone to one of the local high-furniture stores and spent way too much money and they wouldn't have looked any nicer.
    DH and I are just itching to get started on the garden this spring...another few weeks and I'll start some veggies from seed. Even though it's been a relatively mild winter, I'm starting to get cabin fever. There's only so much stuff we can do indoors. Our house is basically done as far as projects, and DH is nervous that with all the indoor time on my hands I'll start looking for ways to "improve" something ;o)
    Flowerlady, please post some pics of your remodeling projects...I'd love to see what you've done.
    Nora

• krustytopp
    17 years ago

Travelling, still recovering from the holidays :) who knows.

My free time this winter is spent painting my kitchen cabinets. It takes a long time because I don't have the space to take down and lay out every door at once. I am seeing progress though--glossy white does make everything brighter. I was concerned that I would find white too boring but I'm actually finding it rather cheerful. It's still hard renovating in a small home, but at least there's less to renovate :)

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Me too....wondering where everyone was. With winter so cold this year I had thought most in our smaller homes would be cacooning. All the plans I had for getting things done inside ended up being "cabin fever" with absolutely no motivation.

Krusty, I hadn't thought about why it is so difficult to get things done until you mentioned "space". Not that I don't understand there is less space, but having the room to stretch out when into a project.

Am working on my kitchen also and taking forever. Won't go into how I totally messed up the pantry cabinet, but had to pull it out and lay it on the kitchen floor to brace for putting back in. It took up the whole length of the kitchen while doing this....hence, relating to your "space" comment.

Waiting for tile to come in. Found a leak in the bath surround and had to tear out the plaster wall. Soaking in a bath with hardiboard around me right now.

And, Mrsmarv...you could send your hubby to all of us if he really wants something to do. I am so ready for spring and starting to think up stuff for the landscape.

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Did you guys go away again? I always wonder when members get on the forum and where they write from...home, work, time. I'm an early person...my first 2 hours from 4 - 6 are on here. Then off to do my thing for the day.

MrsMarv..I just looked at your bed photo. We wake up with the same menagerie on an extra cover.

Flowerlady...I also took a walk through your gardens. What a wonderful place to enjoy and thanks for helping me believe that spring can show up soon. Live in a 50s ranch and will be restoring the backyard when spring agrees. Your arbor has made me decide to head back to pick one up that I saw yesterday.