Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

It's Thursday....right? Let's have tea :)

lavender_lass
9 years ago

Another Thursday (had to check the calendar to make sure) but that's kind of how my month has been going! How about you? What's new? Please stop by and share a cup of tea...or your favorite beverage...and chat a bit :)

Comments (4)

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

Well Friday will have to do. LOL Thursday was a detail the kitchen dinning room day and was not on the computer most of the day. Woo Hoo two rooms done in the deep clean so badly needed in our house.

Beverage of choice is Bullet proof coffee. Drinking my breakfast today. Yummmmm Doing the low carbohydrate high fat way of eating now and feeling so much better and the weight is coming off. Always so amazing to buck up against the face of science and do everything they say is wrong and still lose lots of weight,22 pounds so far, eating so much fat and feeling so good and never hungry. All with my doctors blessing as he knows this works.

Biflod doors are done in the laundry room. They do help keep the washer dryer noise down.Not quite as much as I thought thy would but they do help.

Feeling the need to re-arrange the house again. Told hubby and this time he was ok with it. Not sure what I can do to make it different. I refuse to buy different stuff like furniture. Just use what I have and shop the house for a new look.

We are in winter still so no yard work is getting done. The fence project had to be put on hold. There is less than a foot of snow but I am not going to go out and work in it.

That is about it for my update. I do find it interesting Houzz and GW are joining hands. Hope there are no changes to the forums.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bullet proof coffee

• zzackey
    9 years ago

shades_of_idaho, please tell me you diet plan.

• User
    9 years ago

Just took a quick look at it now, will read it soon. I like the name....BULLETPROOF.....wow.

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

Zackey, I am doing the old 72 version of Atkins with a few new additions. Here is one link for the 2001 version and it is a long read mostly question and answer.

http://www.sugarfreesheila.com/faq/

And this is another list of foods and more of the how to do it.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/atkinsdiet/a/atkinsfoodlists.htm

The bullet proof coffee is a high fat but good fats for you and will hold you over. It is supposed to be used as a way to spread your meals out further but I just like it so plan for a cup a few times a week. It is coffee and YES Butter and coconut oil. You use an immersion blender to blend a little bit of the coffee and coconut oil in the cup and use a pulse not straight whip or you WILL be wearing it. Then add a little more coffee mixing as you go and in the very end pour the last of the coffee over the blender to rinse it and drink this baby. It is so rich and creamy. Lots of fat calories. Some times my meals do not have enough fats. Once your body is keto adapted= burning it's own fat for fuel you need to feed it that fuel in the form of fat. This way of eating generally lowers triglycerides and raises HDL and changed the consistency of LDL from tiny cells to large fluffy ones that do not stick to your arteries. But it is the ends of breads sugars root veggies in the beginning. Later you can add back more carbs to your tolerance=you are not feeling hungry after eating them and it does not add weight back on.

The beauty of this way of eating is it adds so much energy and this old lady needs all the energy she can get. LOL Feeling really good.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm