o
I Just HAD to post this tonight!

Posted by kayjones (plant_lady2@hotmail.com) on
Mon, Dec 24, 07 at 21:45

Blessings
Posted by sylviatexas (Grieving forum) on Sun, Dec 23, 07 at 11:03

The Winter Solstice has just passed.
The longest night of the year is over;
the days are getting longer, the light is returning.
Turn your faces to the sunshine, &
embrace the ones you love & the ones who love you.

Fill up your senses with images of their beloved faces;
nurture them, love them, let them love & nurture you.

Reach out to someone who needs you.

If family & friends aren't at hand, reach your hand out to those who are.

Buy someone's breakfast at McDonald's,
ladle up the giblet gravy at a homeless shelter,
tell the lady at the bank how much you appreciate her smiling face all year long.

Tell that guy walking his Pit Bull that it always makes you happy to see people taking good care of their beloved pets,
give the Salvation Army bellringer a Starbucks coupon "for *you*",
take a plaid flannel shirt to a nursing home & ask the nurses for directions to the room of an old guy who's outlived his whole family.

Listen to some carolers,
go to a play or a musical ("A Christmas Carol" is always good),
light some candles.

I wish all of you the blessings of the season, now & throughout the coming year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Just HAD to post this tonight!

Thanks K-J - more food for thought and ideas to act upon to celebrate this wonderful season!!

Have a wonderful Christmas - you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

gng

o

Thanks for passing that along Jo!

o

Hi K-J - I've just been thinking about you - how are you doing today? Hope you're hanging in... feel free to email me through this site if you'd like...

Big Christmas hugs.
Barbara

o

Barbara, thanks for thinking about and asking about me - I am doing ok. I had a minor melt down, this morning, when one of Gary's sisters called, and we reminisced.

It still doesn't seem real that Gary is gone, but he is - I know that for a fact, because I watched him breathe his last breath, but I just can't get used to the fact that I will never hold him again!

Today I am SO THANKFUL for the years we DID get to hold each other!

I appreciate your care and concern - THANK YOU!

o

Jo, you've been on my mind all day too. I know this was definitely a milestone day - God Bless. I know there will be more to come, but remember, meltdowns are OK. AND, we'll all be here to help you up if you stumble - I mean that with all sincerity. Keep hanging in there. You're doing alright. It may not be much, and I can't make the road any better, but I'm sending you warm hugs in hopes that I can ease some of the rough edges somewhat. I'm as close as a keystroke if need be.

Also, thank you for your kind words on your other post. I was trying to respond last night but my computer crashed. Your words were so special to me. Thanks again...

Miles of smiles to you!

gng

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here