Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Post it 6here! ^How was your day..

Posted by WalksAlone (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 12, 03 at 21:44

your life? What happened? Boring or not, let us know.

I will go first, it is snowing, I will be stuck inside, but looking forward to it and well prepared.

I love snow if I can stay inside and look at it and NOT DRIVE!

Next?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Post it 6here! ^How was your day..

My day was spent thinking about my Sweetie, Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, making cookies and delivering them to friends, cleaning house, entertaining company, babysitting grandbabies - I need a vacation! LOL I am now looking forward to visiting with my Sweetie - he always calms me and presents a beautiful end to each day, no matter what has been going on. Thanks for asking!

o

My day was eventful.....managed to run a screwdriver thru my palm and have it come poking out by my thumb...the good news is that I get to rest it tomorrow instead of working...heh....Snow is coming down nicely here right now....have a couple inches and calling for another 3-5....a good day to stay in the house

o

Ouch!!! Mr. Tinman needs to be made of harder metal to take on those power tools! Hope you had medical attention and got some good painkillers?

I off to do the mundane. Laundry and clean house. Isn't amazing a one person household has as much dust as a four person!

And w6hy does my keyboad keep puttin5g 5g and 6h w6here i dont want t6hem???

o

lol, Walksalone....I wondered where all those numbers were coming from....as far as medical attention, I called the hospital and talked to a nurse, she basically said that I was doing all I could for a puncture wound and just to keep an eye on it....I'm doing the same household chores as you are today, so don't feel alone.

o

Hi Walksalone! I just saw your reply to my post at the KT. I've been lurking here since it opened but have only posted once I think...Ran a couple errands today and then got a package in the mail...and a couple magazines. Guess I will be spending the day inside (snowing out and cold), reading, doing laundry and cleaning.

o

Hi, Kaths!!! It gets kinda slow around here. Please join and liven the place up. Ask your question here?

Snow is gone except the ground and the roads are clear. HOORAY!

o

back to the top....it's been a nice quiet sunday here...caught the big political news earlier and now shutting the real world out for a while..should consider xmas shopping but I think I'll pass for a few more days...heh....got the most important gift taken care of, so far
Looks like more snow is on the way here tuesday...I hope it gets it worked out of it's system, because I have a bit of a drive ahead of me for xmas and nothing is going to hinder it.

o

Hectic day in Kansas City - cleaned house (UGH), rearranged laundry room (Read: shoveled out), visited by phone with a dear friend, helped facilitate my grandson's #2 birthday party where we had a wonderful time, and just finished a wonderfully relaxing bubble bath. Now I am ready for some 'down' time.

o

Just checking in after watching Survivor. Winding down. Did not get everthing I wanted to do this weekend done. But it was good. I had a surprise visit last night, from my sister. She has not been to my house in the eight years I have lived here.
A hot bubble bath sounds good, something I have not done in a long time.

o

Hot bubble baths are addicting once you get started WalksAlone....I had my first one in ages last weekend and now it's a must in this household....find a candle and put out the lights....sooo relaxing

o

Ahem, Mr. Tinman, trying hard not to *blush*. Now I must go and retrieve a cat out of my cabinets, such is life!

o

sorry, didn't mean to instigate a blush, just commenting on the asthethics of a hot bath and candle light....allows the mind to clear of thoughts ater a long day...very healing

o

A snowy and blustery day here today....logged 60 miles running around getting heat to people...one highway closed and I took the rest of the day off after I finally got to lunch at 2:30....I'm tired of this white #@$% already...give me a green Christmas anytime.

o

I'm moving to FLORIDA! Too darned cold here in the midwest for my old bones.

My day has been a whirlwind of activity - Monday's are always hectic in my line of work. I decided to go buy new sheets for my bed, before company arrives, and I'll be darned if the plumber doesn't pick that exact time to come over. I was ten miles away and it took me 45 minutes to get home, with traffic being horrible at 3:30 p.m. I finally got rid of him, took my mandatory hot bubble bath, fixed a bite to eat, and sat down at the computer to relax and I.M. with my Sweetie - everyone else had just better leave me alone tonight - I'm pooped and grumpy - in no mood to deal with anything else today!

o

Is it Friday yet??? Only doing gift certificates this year, except for my mother. Its going to be a simple XMas. But I still have to stand in line. Went at lunch, it took me two hours. I will be done by Friday, if I have sanity left and my job. Next week off to relax. How is your Xmas shopping?

o

I hate shopping with a passion, this time of year....I have purchased one gift for the special lady in my life....the rest are basic....mom's getting cash because she already has every knick knack and appliance you can imagine, and my daughter is getting a new set of tires on her car (kids need reality instead of toys sometimes)...this is the least hectic xmas I have had in my life and I am loving every moment of it.

o

Here it is - HUMP DAY for most of you. I am fortunate (or not) to have a four-day weekend. It is NOT, however, off to a great start - came home to find the pilot light out on my furnace, and the house colder than a Siberian witch's t!t! Luckily, the maintenance man was nearby and came within fifteen minutes, and all is well now - I'm moving to FLORIDA, where furnaces are a moot point!

I will have my two littlest grandchildren for the better part of this weekend, which is a blessing AND could be bad news - both have colds. What are Grammas for, but to suffer the ills of their grandchildren? LOL I always have a great time with my 2-year old grandson - I only wish it were warmer, so I could take him to the park and get him really dirty - something his Mama doesn't let him do. My 2-month old grandson doesn't do much but eat, sleep, and make dirty diapers, so he's no problem. The two-year old, however, is BUSY!

Only six days and 8 hours until my company arrives - need to be doing a ton of stuff - will do some of it this weekend as the babies sleep. I hope all of you great people have a WONDERFUL weekend, don't spend too much money, and above all - stay safe!!!

o

Kay,just love those furnaces. I believe they are programmed to go out on the coldest day! I need to replace my 30 yr old system soon. I would want to move to Florida, but I dont like 90+, except for now when it is 30. Dont think there is a perfect environment for me, but I keep looking for the best climate to retire.

Take care with the grandbabies, so you will be well to enjoy next week!

%Goin5g tomorrow to 5get two 5gift certificates at stores, and I am done.

Talked to my mom, since we are not having a dinner at her house Xmas day and all the well... I came up with a great plan. She and I will have take out from the best steak house on Xmas eve at her house. I would never get her in there, but what a treat! My mother said so I get to kick up my feet? I will leave the gifts for my sister, etc, there as central station, because of all the friction. So glad to simplify Xmas!

o

Walksalone, I'm sure glad you started this thread - how fun! It feels good, when one is alone, to be able to 'vent' about one's day - relieves a lot of tension. I wish more people would post about their day - it's nice, IMHO, to know there are others in the world that have the same 'types' of days I have! LOL

o

Here's another 'day in the life of' a Kansas Citian - LOL - thank GOD I had today off! It started with me registering for some college courses - two toughies - on different days. One is Psychology and the other is Sociology - YIKES! Michael, I NEED your brain for this mess - LOL - who, in their right mind, would sign up for these two classes in the SAME semester? I am used to a 4.0 grade average, but I can see it plummeting before I even get started! The Soc. professor said I should plan on spending about TWENTY hours a week on just this one class - where will I find the time and brain power? I hope he was just kidding! Do any of you have any encouraging words for me on this one? LOL

I FINALLY finished Christmas shopping today - I AM THRU! If I didn't buy it today, it will not be purchased. I hate shopping to begin with, then to contend with the weird and inconsiderate people makes it that much less enjoyable. I have three grandbabies to buy for, and my S.O., so wanted to do the shopping, just didn't want to face the rude and harried people in the stores. The clerks are brain-dead by this time in the season, and customers are grumpy - not much fun for any of us.

I hope everyone else is finished going out into the mad, mad world of the Christmas shoppers, too.

Tell us of YOUR day!

o

I had a great day. Ran an errand at lunch, that took care of three gift certificates. In and out. Cannot believe it. One tomorrow, away from the "mall" area! I will be done with Xmas.

Evaluations, raises, and bonuses were given today. I wish it was FRIDAY, I want to celebrate. It was good!

Kay, what are you working towards? The classes are complimentary. And of course, we can be here to help! Twenty hours, what are you going to have to do a survey or other lab stuff?

Next?

o

Walksalone, thanks for the offer of support. Yes, I know these two classes compliment each other, but they are tough when taken together, from what I've been told. I have taken psych. classes before, but not Sociology, which I was told entails lots of writing and a final term paper. I may be getting excited over nothing, but I don't really know. I am not going for anything in particular - I just love learning, and these classes will help in my job and my personal relationships.

o

I've managed to spend a $1000 dollars in the last 24 hours, via an xmas bonus that my boss gave me with stipends....he was looking at tax writeoffs and also giving me 1000 tax free....I chose to pay utility bills a few months in advance, and get credit at my local gas station/garage....along with getting myself something, a new 31 inch television....it's nice to be appreciated in your job

o

Congrats, Mr.Timman, good job, and yes, you are so lucky to have an employer that appreciates you.

We all sound very irritable tonite or is it just me. LOL. I was going ask something else, but will leave it until later! Sleep well!!!

o
Ask away,...let's get the board to moving

Don't hold anything back, WalksAlone....if you have a question, by all means ask away....I will have to keep reading I guess, I missed anyone being irratible

o

Kay, regarding your classes, you don't need me to reinforce your confidence that you can handle it....I have known you long enough to know that you have it all together to when you set your mind to something you will accomplish it...psychology and socialogy come pretty natural to people like us, otherwise we wouldn't have such intriguing discussions....bottom line is, don't sweat it, you will do just fine....heck, you will get an "A" just writing a term paper about meeting people like us on the internet and how our personalities differ....slam dunk, lady....good luck in your pursuit of your goals!

o
re: Mr Tinman, WalksAlone

Call me anything but Mr. heh....sounds too impersonal or too formal....Mike, Jerk, Jack, Tinmantu, @$#hole, etc works for me...heh....no offense intended there, I give women AND men at the checkout counter a hard time when they call me "sir"....I know they are being polite, but just letting them know that I am too young to be called "sir" just yet...maybe in a few years I will get over that...but I doubt it...heh

o

Tinmantu, may I call you "Saint Michael"?

o

LOL, Kay....me?...a Saint??....you don't know me as well as you think. ;)

o

Michael, you are a saint where it COUNTS, IMHO!

o

Naa, I am just an average joe on a message board that tends to have an opinion on some things and remains quiet when I don't know what I am talking about....I'm just doing my internship on being a saint....right now I am an "aint"...someday, I hope to add the "s"

o

Michael, you are far from an 'aint'! I don't know you well, but from what I DO know, you leave nothing to be desired, so therefore, I dub thee a SAINT! There - you have been duely dubbed! Do you FEEL as if you've been dubbed? LOL

o

Kansas City stepping in here, to grouse a bit! My feet hurt, I am sleepy and really quite grumpy tonight. Both of my grandbabies have colds and didn't sleep well the two nights I kept them, which means I got even LESS sleep than they did. I couldn't get them both to sleep at the same time - LOL, so couldn't get much accomplished but hold one of them most of the weekend. I felt so badly that they couldn't breathe nor sleep well.

I took them home this afternoon and on the way back, stopped to retrieve my mail - the ex had made a few appearances in my mailbox, via Christmas cards. I reacted (wrong thing to do, I know), spent the next hour talking to myself and being really angry with him. I resisted the urge to call and tell him off YET again.

I took a wonderful and very warm bubble bath and washed my hair, which made me feel somewhat better. Then the most wonderful thing happened - I got an instant message from my Sweetie! From that point on, I felt wonderful. As my day winds down, I look forward to his goodnight phone call, where I can be further relaxed by his soothing voice. In my hectic life, he is my ray of sunshine, which I bask in!

o

I'll have to let get back with ya after this week to let you know on that one, Kay....heh

o

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone - Kansas City checking in! Tuesday was an eventful day, to say the least. The day started early, as usual, BUT: my car broke down just as I arrived at work - a blessing in disguise because I didn't break down on the interstate, but actually made it to work - thanks be to GOD! I was able to get it repaired and it's up and running again BUT - LOL - NOW it needs ANOTHER repair - phew, does it ever end?

I hurried home from the repair shop and made final preparations for my company - what a hurried and harried lady I was. I finished just as Michael called and said he was 40 miles outside my city - YIPEE! He arrived at 7:10 p.m., and the day suddenly became wonderful - WHAT hectic day?

It is now Christmas Eve and Michael and I are the LAZIEST people on the face of the planet this morning! We have no 'plans' for today except to relax and take it a minute at a time. I will file another report in a day or two.

I hope each of you is enjoying a wonderful Christmas Eve and will report in to let us know the joys you are experiencing. God be with us all!

o

Kansas City reality check: Michael (tinmantu) left my house today at 11:45 - the house is SO EMPTY, but I am keeping busy, so I won't miss him so badly.

We had a delightful 5 days together, getting better acquainted and doing a myriad of fun things, IMHO - LOL - I THINK he had a nice vacation, too. I got a call from him at 3 p.m. and he was half way home. I can't believe he's been gone only 3 hours - seems much longer than that.

Note to Michael: THANK YOU for spending your Christmas vacation with me and my family!

I plan to talk with him one more time tonight, then take a hot bubble bath and go to bed - tomorrow is a work day for me - Mondays are usually very hectic.

I hope everyone on this board had a super Christmas holiday, and that you will post details.

o

Of course I had a wonderful time, Kay!....No thanks are necessary to me, as it was my pleasure all the way. You were a wonderful hostess and showed me a lot of the sights and pleasures of Kansas City that I hadn't seen before. I highly recommend to any single people to get out of the "norm" of the holidays, to just get away from the family "hum-drum", and do what you desire instead of doing what is expected of you....it makes for a much healthier attitude on life.

o

My day started out hectic, traveling to the edge of the state to do a job and wrong materials were delivered to complete it....after a couple of calls was able to meet a delivery halfway and was home by 3...glad that job is over, as I hate to travel for work like that.
Tonight my living room is torn up, as I am totally rearranging furniture around here...the cat doesn't know what to think...lol

o

Kansas City reporting in: today has been great - I can breathe again! I caught a miserable head cold from my grand children, and haven't been this miserable in a long time. It certainly is wonderful to be among the living again!

This weather is unbelievable - 67 degrees and sunny here today. Of course, this is Missouri, so if you don't like the weather at this moment, just stick around awhile - it will change. We are predicted to get 6" of snow this weekend, and all next week it's supposed to be in the low to mid 30's for a high. It's no wonder everyone is sick - we are sick of the weather! LOL

I just finished talking thru MSN IM with my sweet friend Michael, so am feeling renewed and ready to eat some dinner. I chose to eat toast with jelly, a banana and hot tea, since I haven't been able to taste anything for awhile. I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel - I can actually taste the passion fruit jam on my toast!

I hope everyone escapes this nasty cold - wish I had. Who will be next to tell about their day?

o

It seems Kansas City is the only one reporting in these days - is nothing happening in your world?

My day started with sleet and nasty cold. I hate this weather, but thank GOD I have a good heat system. I woke up feeling crappy with this cold, but got to have coffee, via IM, with Michael, so that helped a lot. I started a pot of black eyed pea soup, which has my home smelling wonderful.

I had a sinus headache, so layed down for an hour nap, woke up and went out to scrape the ice off my van. Damn, it's cold out there!

I got supplies together to sow some seeds for spring planters, cleaned the kitchen, and now here I am, grinching, being cold, and playing on the computer.

What are all of you doing to pass your day? On Sundays, in my area, without cable or satellite, there is nothing worth turning the t.v. on for. I emailed Spike and asked him to place our forum under the heading "Family" on That Home Site, which he did - he's de MAN, isn't he? I am hoping that will generate more traffic and stimulate this forum, since it has virtually gone to sleep the last few weeks.

I hope others will start posting the events of their day, so I am not the only one doing so. Who will be next?

o

hello Kansas City ~smile~

I work Saturday morning to Monday morning. Work was good. It was 70 degrees here when I went in and 30 somethng now. I have a pork roast in the oven and a big fire built. We are lookng for snow towards the end of the week.

Good for you getting the forum relisted kay. Spike is a great guy.

ok. I am out of steam and I still need to fill the bird feeder and unload the car.

later!

o

Hi Kay, et al.

Kay, thanks for reaching out to Spike about the forum listing, very cool!

Uneventful day, today. Had a delicious Vietnamese dinner last night with a friend, but it is raining here now, has been all day. It is supposed to get colder as the week progresses. I'll probably go to yoga tonight, which feeds my spirit as well as my body.

o

Way to go, Kay!!!....amazing how the squeaky wheel gets oiled when it's heard....colder than a well diggers backside here today....furnaces dying everywhere, so my agenda of the day was changed by the answering machine....it was -5 degrees at 8 a.m. and a whole 2 at 1 p.m.....up to +3 at this writing...off to put my cutoffs on and run thru the sprinkler in this heatwave :)

o
Horrid

Is that a word? HORRID??? My house was broken into Monday afternoon. I came home to my garage door open? How did that happen? I know I didnt forget, did I? Self Doubt. Pull into the garage, the door from garage to house is wide open! PANIC!!! OM%G! My cats...sorry I love my animals. All I could think of. My front door is open, storm closed. Okay,going to look. I can look from how the door swings, noone behind, one step in, my phone is gone! Off to th6e nei5ghbors. 911.

It doesnt feel safe to stay, and now I am afraid to leave. HORRID! No sleep last nite, even with prevention in my hands. Locks changed, door is not secure enough for me. Security system will be next Tues. More people tomorrow to secure, if work lets me. It has been HORRID.

o

Oh, Walks,

That is horrid. I am so sorry. I know how much that shakes you up. It makes you question everything when your personal safety feels tenuous. If you're still not feeling safe in a few days or a week, still having trouble sleeping, don't hesitate to seek counseling. It may seem extreme, but you've just suffered something big.

CarrieB

o

Thanks Carrie! I have been treated once in my life for post traumatic syndrome. It easily comes back, during times like these. I see, and know what to do. I know everything is okay. But now I am going to finally cry over the violation, descretation, and vulnerability, I was left to. Thanks, for letting me vent!

o

so sorry Walks! which I know is a puny, insignificant thing to say under the circumstances. CarrieB gave you good advice. I hope your cats are okay.

o

That's a bad way to start the new year, Walksalone....It's something that we all worry about, but think it won't happen to us....as was said, it's a feeling of being violated....all one can do is take prevention to make sure that it never happens again....keep up posted if they catch the perps.

o

Jessie, my cats are okay. They hid under the bed and would not come out till they heard me. Sigh, my heart was....when the police let me in to find them first.

The perps will never be found. As typical, no fingerprints were taken,little from the neighbors. Just electronic stuff taken, except my WEBTV and VCR. Too outdated. TV and stereo and cordless phone, suckers! Thanks to them I have some updates, until they come back for it. Passed by two items, I do feel fortunate. Except, I believe it came from the new influx next door. Lots of teens. Lived here eight years, time to re-think. Is anywhere safe?

o

Nowhere is safe....it's all around us...it doesn't matter if we sleep with a gun beside our bed or have the best burglar alarm system in the world....some places are safer than others, though....that's why I chose to raise my daughter in a small town after living in a major city

o

All things change. I grew up in a small town. Would not go back.

It would be better to say, re-avaluation of living and life shouldnt be left for too many years (like 8 yrs and not see the change, or it might bite you in the butt!) I have really got to try for sleep! LOL. TOOO Philosphical,for me, LOL, going going gone.

o

I agree on the small town atmosphere, Walks'....it was a choice that I made for my daughters benefit....a good choice but now she is heading off into the world....nothing here for me by myself....time to move on....good night

o

Get a DOG - #1 deterrent for invaders - Get a BIG dog! I am sorry to hear about this - I, too, live alone, and it worries me, but fortunately, the neighbor's dog spends most nights on my front porch, so I feel somewhat better. There are just a bunch of bored/addicted/lazy people living near, and preying on, people - no one is excluded from the possibility of crime.

o

I miss city living. I am always jealous when CarrieB mentions some ethnic meal, festival or whatever.

I do love my place and I am looking forward to working in the yard. Seed catalogs are arriving! can spring be far behind?

jc who is wrapped in a quilt in front of the stove watching the soaps and the birds on the barrel feeder outside my window. 20 something today in tennessee

o

Much warmer here today in western Kansas....35 degrees...home early today because things were slow and feel a bit of the cold coming on...supposed to be 50 tomorrow...I look at it as 2 less days of terrible temperatures until spring

o

Come for a visit, jc! There's this terrific, inexpensive Vietnamese place I'd just LOVE to take you too. And anyone else here, of course, is invited to join us. Crispy vegetarian spring rolls with rice vermicelli, vegetables and some kind of heavenly Vietnamese sauce

Twenty something here today. Windy too! Brrrrr. The wind just tunnells through the streets, between the buildings. The seed catalogs are coming in here too. And the plant catalogs. Yesterday, I got Plant Delight's catalog. I think that Plant Delights is (almost) surpassing White Flower Farm as my favorite plant porn.

Off to yoga. My winter exercise. Summer, it's bending over in the garden.

o

LOL, Ms. Carrie - Plant Porn - I like that! I am the 'porn' Queen - have more plants than the Garden of Eden! Thanks for a great laugh!!!

o

I got online yesterday and ordered some new catalogs. I am really looking forward to working in the yard this year.

Carrie, when this job ends, I am coming north for sure.

up to 43 today! woohoo a heat wave!
I will go to town and walk.

jc

o

31 today and brisk winds. Wind chill must be in the low 20's. Maybe I should head south for a while!

jc, you just come on up. No reservations required for Vietnamese food or for my air mattress. Hell, you can have the bed, my dear.

Kayjones, your garden sounds lovely. I've tried to stick more plants than the Garden of Eden in my little city plot, but alas, they won't all fit.

o

today is a hard day. I am working weekends and just sort of on call, as needed through the week for another family. Some weeks, the part time people don't use me, but I like going. I know they need help. They try to care for their mother themselves as much as possible. I also have my home and dogs ~smile~ this life that I complain so much about.

There is a family calling about their 101 year old aunt who is in a nursing home and wants to come home. I wish that I could go and stay with her. I have been sitting here trying to come up with a way to do it all, and of course, it is impossible. I could tell my part-time, some-time job that I will not be available and work weeks at the new job and weekends at the current job, but it is hard to find live-in help for the weekend. And I would never be home which is not fair to the dogs. and I would burn out quick and be of little use to anyone.

I will not over extend myself. I know better....but today, I am sad.

jc

o

It must be hard, jessie, to live a life of helping people and finding meaning in it but never being able to feel like you are doing enough because there's always so much more help needed than one (albeit, one talented and powerful and generous) woman can achieve.

I think of your house with the dogs and you in it and what a lovely refuge it must be. You need to be there enough to nurture the dogs, and especially to take care of you, too. Which I know you know.

It is cold and windy again here today, but sunny and bright. I just got back from doing a vermicomposting program with a classroom of 8th graders. I was terrified but it went well. The kids were engaged and interested underneath their youthful urban bravado and some feigned indifference.

It looks like it may be time to end my Internet dating carreer, hopefully for the long term. My use of the Internet as a tool to meet my life partner, well, I'm thinking maybe it worked. I am hopeful and scared.

o

Carrie, that is GREAT! My best wishes to you. Take care, Kay

o

woohoo CarrieB! I have been wondering where you were. That is fine news. "hopeful and scared" are good signs ~smile~

and thank you, friend, for the kind words

o

My day was excellent!!....I have been fretting about a major job that had been literally dropped in our laps and that I was expected to handle...after seeing the blueprints and meeting the builder, I had a very bad feeling about it...last week I informed my boss of my concerns and if this contractor turned out to be what I thought, that I wasn't going to put up with this guy and it'd be up to the boss to decide if he wanted me around after I dealt with it....I will be sleeping very nicely tonight and still employed.

o

Congratulations on sticking up for yourself, Mike. Feels good to do that, doesn't it?

Thanks jc and kay for your support and good wishes. I've got major butterflies, but am somehow calm and confident in my anxiety - which I know makes absolutely no sense.

o

Thanks Carrie, yes it does feel good....I've never had a problem with speaking up, because I have a pretty good feel of what my abilities are and the companies that I have worked for respect my experience....A friend told me last night that my mom should have named me "Frank"...heh.. sometimes I am too frank for my own good, but I'll take my chances......and good luck to you on this new relationship...keep us informed and keep stopping in even if you do get to the point where you aren't single anymore. You're a key part of the board.

o

I agree CarrieB. Don't disappear.

I can think of nothing to say. I cleaned house a little, went through a ton of mail, and got tax papers together.

and where is everyone else and what are you all doing? You can't be doing less than me.

jc

o

Where is everybody else?....I skeered them all off!

o

Aint none of yuz done scared me off! Thanks Mike and jc. This thing works out for me, you know I'll be here every day singing the praises of Internet dating!

I was supposed to have dinner with a friend this evening, but she ended up working late instead. So I went to yoga and then did a little cleaning at home. Talked to a couple of my friends on the phone and have a load of wash on spin right now.

o

I am still here. A little scared after the breakin. Still scared to leave, and panic attacks when I come home. My cats are more used to the alarm, its talking and beeping than I.

Wishing you such good luck Carrie! Keep us updated? OK?

o

Hang in there Walks..((())) ~smile~ my first cyberhug

The weekend was awful and nice. I was pulling out of my drive to go to work Saturday morning and a big, expensive car scratched itself on my bumper as it passed. We exchanged information and I went on to work. I finally get a call back from an agency I work through sometimes, telling me that they had found someone to work the 101 year old with me. I am elated! I call the famly (who called me three times last week!) and they tell me that she went to asssted living Friday. So I undo all that. I panic, thinking we should have called law instead of leaving accident unreported. My weekend job lady went to the emergency room last week. I panic over that ~laughing~ the more I crumble inside, the calmer I appear on the surface. Weekend lady and I had a very nice two days, even counting getting her naked and into the shower before discovering there is no water in the shower ~sigh~ She is a really good sport and lots of fun. Came home this morning where I am free to be crazy, talked to insurance people (apparently, all is well) and got a call about a night job close to home that I have been wanting. I start tomorrow night. woohoo! Turn up the heat. I can pay the light bill. Crawl under the quilts.

I made it.

jc

o

Jc, sorry you had a lousy weekend, but glad you have another job. You must work contract?

I am glad there are people like you! Stay warm and sleep well, my friend.
Back at ya. (((JC))). ~ :)

o

Hi walks and jc. Anything new with the dog search walks? It sounds like you're heading in the right direction. Slowly but surely. Good luck with the job, jc. Glad it looks like your weekend crisis (how do you spell the plural of 'crisis') seem to have resolved themselves.

I decided over the weekend to quit my job. My friends and new potential BF have been surprisingly supportive. Will tell my boss today or tomorrow. Had dinner both friday and last night with the man. Things seem to be headed nice and slowly in a pleasant direction.

o

It is snowing here! and the air is soft. Dogs, birds, and woman are fed and content.

I know you are relieved, CarrieB, to have made this decision, and you will feel even better once you have given notice. The relationship in progress sounds very nice. "Supportive" is a very good quality in a PSO (borrowing from Daisy ~grin~).

I am self employed, Walks. Been doing direct care for 20 some years. I went to school intending to teach special education, changed to soc., and took every anthropology class offered. I got a good paying job in a grocery store my last year and did not finish. My girls were small and it made more since to work. By the time I got back in school, I decided to take a nursing course instead of finishing college. So I have no degrees, licenses, or whatever, but I think my education is well suited to my career ~smile~. I ask people to pass my number around to anyone who needs it, and that is one reason I do not move. It takes time to establish yourself and be able to make a living. I could not move to a new place and expect to work like I do where my work is known, and I am too old and contrary to consider a straight gig again.

Well...I am chatty this morning ~smile~. Better get up and get moving.

jc

o

Hi, JC and CarrieB.

Carrie, wish you great luck in your new life! Career and love! Sounds exciting and full of possibilities.

JC, I so admire you. What great and rewarding work. I didnt realize. I am such a corporate monkey. Sigh.
Good luck and best wishes to you both!

o

I like my new job! The dogs are happy. Life is good. I always worry when I start something new.

Walks, what sort of monkey are you? I have had a couple of jobs with a desk, no window, and one of those chairs on wheels. I cracked pretty quick ~grin~ Be glad I wasn't down the ladder somewhere in your operation. I love the grocery business. I worked when I was a kid for a gentleman who taught me all he knew about it. When I got a part time job in a big union store, I made "full time" (unusual for women at the time) and a much bigger salary than I would have as a social worker. I have always liked physical work. This did not make my family happy ~smile~ They viewed my college education as wasted. How can education ever be a waste?

Where are all you singles out there?
Tinman.....are you snowed in? Candler, come and tell us about your day. I am hogging the conversation.

And of course, we want a lascivious glimpse into your life CarrieB. What are you all having for dessert tonight?

jc

o

I'm telling the boss today that I'm heading out of here. I'm not cut out for 9-5 and I'm finally going to make a go at doing otherwise.

Walks, are you still nervous? Does anything work to calm you? I'm not really into aroma therapy or anything like that, but I'm thinking that perhaps it could work for you. Maybe some essential oils? Candles?

Not much lascivious to report...yet. Did share a decadent slice of chocolate mousse cake on Monday night, and have plans to see him this weekend. I think he's more nervous than I am.

Where is everyone else???

o

CarrieB.

I want to say this. I am very good at managing money which sometimes means I spend none. I do not have health insurance, a concept that scares many people. My living expenses are minimal because my living conditions are ~smile~ primitive. I don't think I am any more or less happy than most people, regardless of income, but it can be daunting when you first jump into life without a weekly paycheck.

I know you can "make it" and I do not think you should stay in a job that makes you unhappy. I was just thinking that I tend to paint things a little rosey.

jc

o

Barbara the lurker here...

Just has lasik surgery today... seems everyone I talk to is ho hum about it... no one to share my excitement...

Oh well.

Barbara_Tampa

o

Congratulations, Barbara. I've known several people, including my little brother, who had lasik, and all are delighted with the results.

Thank you, jc. I'm on my way. I think I can I think I can I think I can.

o

oh Barbara! I am excited and want to hear all about it. I want it myself. So please tell all.

I have never worn glasses except the ones from the $ stores the last few years for looking up phone numbers, etc. but I notice I am reading less.
I want to hear everything please.

jc

o

Barbara, I'm highly impressed that you had the surgery just yesterday and you were already typing last night! And you typed perfectly. Others, it took a day (I think) before they could even see comfortably.

o

Congratulations Barbara!!! I know how exciting it is -- I had mine done almost 3 years ago. Please keep us posted on your progress and please, please, please follow all your surgeon's instructions regardless of how well you feel you're doing. Best of luck with your recovery!!

Janet

o

I have the afternoon off (paid) today.....things were nice and quiet and too late in the day to start a big job so I had the option (duh!).....getting my chores done around here today so that I can play this weekend.
I wish I would get snowed in, jc.....the moisture keeps missing us but we get the cold temps.....another storm due in this weekend but I'll believe it when I see it...I hate snow, but my main customers are farmers and depend on it, don't get some soon, I'll have to be looking at a job offer that I have in Arizona....I hear it's a dry heat though..lol

o

It is mighty quiet here

I just got in from my night job and will leave in a little bit for my 48 hour stint. I wish I could stay home. Not because I am tired, but because it is a warm 30 degrees with a big soft snow falling. A perfect day to sit home in front of the fire ~smile~

My night job check was $20 dollars less than anticipated. I thought about it on the way home. I will let it slide. I like the lady I am staying with very much. It is an easy gig and close to home. Not worth mentioning (~laughing~ except to you all).... but I won't forget it. A very nice lady reccomended me for the job and is a friend of the family who pay me. I would not do anything to cause her embarrassment.

I am rambling. Best get up and get moving. I do wonder where you all are and what you are doing. Tinman, I never know how to respond to the southern dialect thing. It doesn't offend me. I have made fun of enough yankees in my time ;-)

CarrieB, I read your post in Pets. Change the animals to children and you have the reason why I never remarried. The dog can be trained. Whether or not the owner can be trained is the real issue....which I think you know already.

thinking about you all, and hoping health problems are resolved for some, and others are feeling safe in their homes again

jc

o

Good Morning to all. Have not checked in lately. Everything here is back to normal and I feel much better than weeks ago.

Well, I am off to bathe a long hair stinky cat. Any takers in the help department. LOL!

o

I'm glad you're feeling better, Walks. Hope the cat washing went OK, as well. What is it about your stinky feline that makes it unable/unwilling to keep him/herself clean? If it were cat toothbrushing you needed help with, I'd be the first to offer assistance. Cat bathing, on the other hand, is beyond my area of experience.

I was offered a part-time, but significant, job on Friday afternoon, only to get home to a phone-message offer retraction...apologies, funding-cut, we'll keep you in mind...Blechh.

I went for a walk yesterday afternoon with my new possible SO, in the NJ Pinebarrens. I'd never spent any time there, and it was lovely. JC, of course, you are right about the dog and the owner. So far, it seems OK. A little growling, barking, but the cats don't seem too phased, a little miffed, but no cat-pee, which is the true test as far as I'm concerned.

These first few weeks are always so stressful. Fun and all, but every little thing seems open to interpretation.

o

Hi all... been a while since I was here too. Pretty bad couple of days - working on repairing some damage with my guy... how many times can one person apologize for saying something so stupid?

I know I'm beating myself up on this one, but there's no one to blame but me.

Add some major stress at work and a root canal this morning and well, you get the picture.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better... hey wait! It IS tomorrow!!!!

Nite all,
Barbara_Tampa

o

Oh Barbara. That's the worst kind of feeling bad, when you're beating yourself up. Hopefully, your guy understands that sometimes things are said without thought, you shouldn't have to apologize over and over, once, with sincerity should do it. Forgive yourself.

Accchhh. And with root canal and stressful work on top of it! It seems like when bad things happen at once, instead of it spreading out the bad things and making each seem milder it actually exaccerbates each one and reduces my ability to deal with individual events and stressors. They tangle and muddle in my mind till I feel completely overwhelmed and incapable of dealing with any.

But, as you say, it is a new day. Root canal is behind you, yesterday is behind you. I hope it is sunny in Tampa today!

o

9 or 10 more posts on this thread and we are going to have to start a part 2....it's been a good venting thread for our days....maybe the next one can be "how was your week"...Mine has been a long one....a 600 mile drive to Texas and back to take my daughter to her mom with a 15 minute break one day and logging another 400 miles during the week is enough to keep me from behind the wheel for a while...heh.....I'm just going to relax and regroup this weekend..Happy Valentines to everybody!

o

I will let someone else start t6he next one.... due to my erractic keyboard, I am almost embarrased w6hen I look at t6he title of t6his one. ^Hmmmm...

^Happy Valentines Day to all!

Tinmantu, is it a visitation for your daughter? Sorry if it is too personal. I remember reading, she wanted to live with ex? Just wishing you the best.

Nothing exciting for me today. A cat may need to go to the vet. I think she has bladder problems. UGH! Nothing like a high stressed cat, she will pee, just trying to get her in the carrier. Wish me luck, again.

Sorry, I do love my animals!

CarrieB, my cat is too fat to groom herself properly. But I now think something else is going on. I would take a lesson in teeth cleaning!

Jessie, you are too 5good for words. I am 5glad you like your job.

Barbra, I loved reading about the lasik. Lots of good info. Thanks for sharing. Sorry about the root canal.
Talk to ya, later.

o

Hi Walks....that's a weird keyboard quirk that you have there...Don't be embarassed though....this turned out to be the most popular thread in perhaps the history of TSL..way to go!.......As far as my daugther, it's a permanent visit. A combination of missing her mother and things not going well at school here...She's a senior this year and I hated to see her do it (my entire family has tried to talk her into waiting just a few more months) but she has her mind made up. She is enrolled in a school down there now but with different graduation criteria, she is looking at summer school in order to get her diploma. She has driven me crazy the last few weeks but I think that this is the best for both of us.
I'll start the next "How was..." thread unless someone beats me to it and put a "6" in there in honor of you..gigglin'

As far as cats go, this one that I "inherited" is going to have to be shaved before long...it's a long hair mix breed that's starting to mat up and no way am I going to try to clip it out...heh

o

Tinmantu, you sound like a good father. You listened and then let her go. Time for adult decisions and the consequences, in a controlled environment. Expect to hear from her soon! You have know idea what you have given her, in the years of raising her. She will be back asking you....Good Luck to her and you. (Disclaimer, I have not raised kids, just been one myself!)

I am here wasting time. My cat is at the vets. May stay overnight. Sigh. I really did not need anymore trauma to my boring life.

I wish they would shave her and bathe her before I get her back. We will see.

Best thing, Tinmantu, is drop the cat off at a groomers. Not too much for the bathe and detangling. If my cat wasnt so high stress she would go once a month.

Start the new thread. I am afraid, I might of scared some off!!! Read it. Post 6(s*x) 6here!!! ROFLOL. Kill this thread. (I try to edit, but it always doesnt work. Next.)

o

Amen to the decisions and consequences....that has been my stance and guiding principle for her entire life....I won't let her starve but she knows that it's time to "cut the cord"

Hopefully your cat comes out ok, Walks....I know that it's tough....I come across as a tough guy with my daughters cat and act like I could care less that it's around but when it cuddles I'm as big of a doter with it as I am with my daughter when she needs something...heh

I tried to find the reference that you cited about chasing anyone off but must have missed it...don't give yourself that much credit, only "I" have that power :) ..I'll give this thread a few more posts and then start a new one....the way that I kill threads though, that might not be a good thing....if it's dying, feel free to step in and type your 6's and ^'s

o

Well, I am back. After many phone calls, I will leave my cat at the vet. They tell me, if my cat has blockage,etc, it is not as bad as a male cat. I have gone thru this with my male cat, and never want to see it again. I will leave her.

At 8:00 tomorrow, I will be there to either remove her or decide. I feel like I left my right arm.

Decisions...

o

XOXOXOXOXO

o
RE: Post it here! ^How was your day

XOXOXOXOXOXO

o
RE: Post it here! How was your day

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOOOO

o
RE: Close to the end

Oh la la la de dah!

o
RE: The end of this chapter

Your turn, Tinmantu. Onward to chapter two.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here