Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ho, ho, ho - merry christmas!!!

Posted by gneegirl (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 24, 07 at 18:55

To one and all.

May the light of the world brighten your day tomorrow. This is the season of giving. You've given all that you can and now sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor - hopefully with the ones you love. If you are not spending the day with others, spend some time reflecting on the joys you and others have brought forth to this day. There is peace in knowing that joy. Be glad in it.

Merry Christmas to one and all!!

gng

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ho, ho, ho - merry christmas!!!

Merry Christmas everyone. I'll be alone tomorrow with some seafood, wine, and a good book. Perfect day!

o

Oh, JYG, come to my house! I would love to have you. My stepson is going to his aunt's house, and I didn't want to be alone, so I called an old boyfriend from 20 years ago, and he is coming over.

He plans on helping me prepare the food, then after we eat, we will take the dog for a walk and come back and watch a movie with Christopher Walken and George Lopez.

It's supposed to be a comedy and it will HAVE to be a comedy because I can't 'do' serious right now.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to NOT being alone tomorrow!

JYG, could you call a friend to come over and be with you?

o

Hey jyg, if you have to be alone, you sure have some good fixins'!! And guess what - you don't have to share!!

Yeah, K-J is right - is there someone at all that you could share the day with? It's OK to be alone - i would be except I volunteered to cook a turkey for my nephew's in-laws. So I'll drop off the turkey, stuffing and gravy, and then will probably come back home. But if you are alone, come on up here on SLF and maybe I'll be here too!

miles of smiles to you all.

o

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY BUDDIES here on the TSF!

o

Merry Christmas!!! Heading off to moms here in a few. Kind of a crummy weather day so I'm worried I might not get any action photos of Ava on her trike....I hope Santa brought you all what you wished for!

o

Michael, doesn't your mom have a basement that Ava can ride in?

o

Mom's basement has too much junk in it....we dealt with the cold and was able to get out and get a few pics. Might add a few more to it later.

Here is a link that might be useful: xmas 07

o

Oh, Michael - those pictures are priceless - thank you SO MUCH for sharing them with us - Ava is gorgeous - she looks just like her Mama! It seems the tricycle was a big hit!!

o

Hi all - back from stuffing it all in. I hope everyone had a truly wonderful Christmas day. I can tell Ava did!! That trike fits her perfectly. I'm sure she'll be wheeling on down the road before too long. She loves her Grandpa too!! Thanks for sharing Michael. Ava is precious.

o

Thanks Kay and Mary....I'm very proud of that little gal...got a video of her singing jingle bells that is probably only priceless to grandpa. Added a couple more to that link since earlier...not so much your anyone here as I'm just sending the link to family that wasn't able to be here today....I hope everyone here had a wonderful Christmas.

o
oops!

lol...oops, meant JO and Mary....that's what I get for speed typing. Photobucket

o

Michael, call me whatever you like - I answer to both names.

Do I smell a spoiled little girl in your household? LOL

When did KC start wearing glasses? After looking at the new pictures, I've decided Ava looks more like her daddy - he's a cutie, too!

Is that picture in the background of you and KC and Dee?

o
good eye

Good eye Jo....yeah, that's a pic of us taken back when Kaycee was a baby and back when I had hair....for some reason mom wanted to bring it out for the holidays....Kaycee has needed glasses for the last 8 years or so, she was just so vain that she wore disposable contacts for the first few years. I think dad saying "if he can wear glasses, you can too"...heh.

Her dad is a great guy!...going to K-State to be an architect and graduating this fall...already has a contract signed with a company to guarantee him 48 k per year to start. Kaycee doesn't make a lot less than that, at her job. I feel good about their future thus far.

o

That is such a great feeling Michael. As you know, my DD is not longer with us, but I look at my nephews and am so proud. The oldest started in law school but decided to go to divinity school. That curtailed his law degree because he couldn't justify making/supporting a legal decision that he thought was not in keeping with his religious convictions. Now thought his legal training - school and work has allowed him to find a great job in the Legal Dept of a contractor without having to make that compromise. The younger one has opened his own gym. He's a personal trainer but found that there wasn't anyplace to take his clients other than to one of those large fancy well-known places. He's worked at them, but wasn't satisfied. Last year he rented a place and has been expanding since then. This one is the one that we weren't sure was going to make it through society. But he's turned out to be a great businessman - on his own. They are my pride and joy, and so are their kids. Spent the day with them today at the older one's in-laws. Great fun - even though there was a power outage right in the middle of dinner!!

o

KayJones, what is the name of the movie? "...watch a movie with Christopher Walken and George Lopez."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here