SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariaocean

No TV? No Internet??

mariaocean
16 years ago

Hi. I just wanted to put this out there...wondering. Back in March, an old laptop that I had been hobbling along with, my only home computer, died. And I didn't scramble to replace it, wondering, considering how stressful it was to be reading my work e-mails at home, and knowing the hours I spent, glassy eyed in front of the Internet, vainly trying to think of something to do, and basically not wanting to be there...It has been 9 months since no home computer now, and really, the only thing I miss is keeping a night time journal on it. But now, 9 months later, I am used to using a small spiral notebook to write down my end of the day thoughts.

...then, there is the issue with the TV, increasingly not being able to watch commercials, increasingly my thing being to turn the TV on, and turn it off after 5 minutes...mentioning to a doctor a few months ago, that I wondered about getting rid of my TV, going into the Pottery Barn website and looking at furniture, wondering, "if I didn't have the TV there, what furniture would I put in its place?" Just posting on a message board one week ago, "sometimes, I wonder what it would be like to have NO TV." Wondering why I was spending $25.00 a month for "basic" cable, and not watching it.

Well, yesterday I got home and my cable was disconnected. I must not have paid the bill on time, and if they sent a warning, I didn't get it. The question is, am I crazy to think I want to see how I feel, NOT getting it hooked back up again? Ironically, one of the last things I watched, was some shopping channel on Saturday, where they were pushing this Gateway laptop, the woman showing the laptop exclaiming "I have one of these! I carry mine ALL OVER my house! I have it in the bedroom, in the kitchen, in the living room!!!" I really don't want to be SO dependent on a machine, TV OR computer.

I figure I have the computer at work if I really want to see something...

Just wondering how out of the "norm" this is. The majority of my time at home for the longest time, has been spent cooking, reading, writing, talking on the phone to friends, and listening to music. Or just being quiet with myself. Anyone else out there who is not so into media and TV and such??

Thanks for reading.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm