SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gabrielesgarden

I dont get it! What happened?

gabrielesgarden
17 years ago

ok, so I start seeing this guy. We both are so infatuated with each other immediately. We start seeing each other for 4 solid weeks. We're both really starting to care about the other. He even told me he he was starting to get attached to me and that scared him. I told him of course it scared me too. The week I was to leave on a trip weird stuff started happening, his truck was stolen, he lost his phone, he didnt show up or call for our last night together, totally out of charactor for him, or atleast the charactor he presented to me. I freaked out, left several phone messages and text messages. I wasn't yelling or angry, but there was an array of emotions and confusion. I finally got a call from him just before i got on the airplane. After a breif talk I thought things were understood and things would be fine but then I tried to stay in touch with him while I was gone through emails and he started acting weird again, saying he had too much on his plate right now and had to think things through. Over the couse of the week the emails started to have a bit of a positive tone in them. 10 days later I came home and I was rather shocked that he didnt call me until mid day the next day. The talk went well, I thought we would see each other but not only did we not see each other but he strung me along, didnt call me, didn't email me, didn't text me. Every couple day I'd ask him if everything was ok and he said no, there is too much going on, said we'll talk soon. Another week went by and I finally got an email from him. I responded and he called me the next morning...and the next evening. We had a great talk. During all of his evasivness he kept telling me he still wanted to see me and cared about me etc. Finally after 3 weeks of not seeing him, we went out on a date. It went well, but then he didn't call for 2 days. By now it's a weekend again, i was half expecting to spend it with him but he made excuses. Said he'd call me later, I called him that night, no answer. It's been a week again with no contact. I have now oficialy written him off. I mean what could I possibly have to say to him now. I'm frustrated with him, my growing feelings have virtually diminished. I have lost my faith in him. I am so baffled that he could give me so many lines of crap and claim his honesty in it all and just dump me like this. We are 45 & 48, it's not like we are young.

I want to know how I can keep trusting when they keep doing crap like this? It's no wonder people have so much baggage.

Comments (16)

Sponsored