Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
for tinmantu - camera

Posted by gneegirl (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 8, 07 at 12:37

Michael - Good Saturday Morning to ya!

Didn't want to keep stomping all over the other threads with this so I just started this one.

I have a question about indoor shots with your camera. Everyone on earth is telling not to go that high with the zoom because it won't take good indoor shots. Even though you can do manual settings, they know I'm not going to want to do that to get the better pictures. They were concerned about the missed candid shots while setting everything manually.

The NewEgg sight is awesome - great prices and great reviews!! I'm looking at a couple of Cannon's and Fuji's now.

Good news - I was able to cancel the QVC order!! I did tell them that I found a much better price - they were surprised.

Thanks a bunch!!

gng

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: for tinmantu - camera

Hi gng.. sorry we kept you up so late last night....it was fun.....here's a pic that I just snapped...5 feet away, on the auto mode dial on top of the camera...zoomed in to fit just the part I wanted. I used a tripod and it took a whole 5 seconds.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quick picture

o
REe: for tinmantu - camera

understand that I resized that to 640x480 so it wouldn't take up too much bandwidth on the server...the actual quality is much higher...just giving you an example of the ease of point and shoot.

o

Thanks Michael!! Like that pose too - miss John!!

Eloise mentioned the one she purchased for her DD and it is acutally one that I was looking at too. It's smaller and looks like I can drop it in my purse to just take along. Still thinking though. I like your camera!!

o
one more

same distance, same settings, no zoom

Here is a link that might be useful: no zoom

o
afterthought

this camera does take up more space than my fuji 340, that's for sure...I could drop it in my shirt pocket...I bought this one more for outdoor photos like sunsets and wildlife. For what you want, Eloise's may be more apt....dang camera reminded me I need to dust in that picture....with the lights off I can't see it....you'd think I was a man or something...heh

o
RE: for tinmantu - camera and dust

No more dust than my house!! I should be doing that than researching for a camera. I still like it. I really would like to have the 10x zoom for distance shots - hopefully to frame. But, there is the convenience feature. At that price though, I think it's a good price. And, for what I want now, it sounds good. I could always get another one at a good price for the indoor shots if I need to. That may be easier to find than to find the features in this Fuji, and at this price.

Thanks so much for your help!! Guess I should go put up my outside Christmas decorations while the sun is shining. It's been cold and rainy with some snow so I haven't been able to do that.

Enjoy your day!!

gng

o

Figured I'd add one more pic for perspective....this one is from my old camera, a fuji A340, 4 megapixel, 3x zoom. A very nice pocket/purse style camera. I plan on putting it in my work van so I can take pictures of the hacked furnaces that I come across and post them on the internet..heh....the point of this is that this is the same distance, lighting and maximum possible zoom. The new camera zoom wasn't even close to max.

Here is a link that might be useful: old camera

o

notice I did dust, after that last disgusting pic...lol

o

gng and Michael, I had to come read this before I posted on CS V. Michael you are too funny, and you dust about as good as my grandson cleans his room, lol! gng, I researched several cameras and the one flaw mentioned by several people on the camera I got for my dd was that it was a bit slow between picture taking (forgot exactly how they termed it). Mine is a little over 1 oz. heavier than the one I got for my dd, so this will be good for her. I also bought a kit that included the charger and rechargeable batteries, about $20 at Wal-mart. Good luck on whichever camera you decide to buy.

o

Eloise - thanks for the info. You would think I'm picking out granite with all the research I'm doing on cameras!! I really like the Fuji - when I saw it on QVC, I actually was going to order it but decided to wait. When Michael posted I decided to look at it again. The only thing is the size - can't pack it away very easily. I read the cons about "your" camera too, and that was the only real concern. It's so funny that the ones that the two of you picked are the same ones I was looking at independently. I want to have it by Christmas so I guess I'll order one or the other tomorrow.

Michael - you need a dust bunny!!

Thanks, and see ya!!

gng

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here