Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am so judgemental!

Posted by Cube1067 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 29, 04 at 11:43

Saw the thread about us being single because we are so boring. How about admitting to personality or character traits that help to keep us single? Lets try not to digress into "happily single" mode. Just like most of you, I enjoy being single and would much rather stay single than be in a bad/stagnant/make-do relationship. But I think good relationships do exist. What might we be doing to keep ourselves out of a good relationship?

Me first. I am judgemental personified. Right now I am sitting in judgement of my coworkers. We are producing year-end paychecks and apparently were having the same problems they encountered last year (I was hired this year). I sit here wondering why they did not fix the problems. My attitude comes out in my tone, my eyes.everything I do. I find myself wanting to say "Youre lousy!" to my coworkers.

Im like that when I date men in their 30s and 40s who still live with their relatives, or who have unfurnished apartments, or junker cars, or low-wage jobs, or no savings. I feel like saying "Is this all you wanted to accomplish in life?"

No one likes to be judged. No one likes a know-it-all either. I have both those traits. So maybe thats why Im better off single?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am so judgemental!

I'm always attracted to the wrong type of guy. After a while we just don't have anything to talk about, nothing in common.

I also think I'm too independent for most men ... I have a good career, own and operate a small farm by myself, have a seasonal flower business, etc.

I really don't don't see anything wrong with being single, have seen too many bad relationships. AT this point in my life, I'm 45, I don't know if I could be part of a "couple".
I'm too used to doing things my way, living like I like to live.

Would definitely like to have a male "friend" to go places with and do things with ... but can't ever see myself living/sharing my space with someone.

So I do whatever I want! LOL!!! Travel, go out with friends, etc.

o
RE: I am so judgemental!

Cube (love that name), please don't be so hard on yourself.

I think you're being reasonable & practical, not judgemental!

As far as the job goes, I would place responsibility on management:
"Work" is *always* a place that exists to create & preserve as much money as possible.
Inefficiency costs money.
If year-end was a big ole mess last year, that was management's cue to change things.
They didn't.
Worker bees, no matter how knowledgeable or eager, can't change procedure.

And I don't think it's unreasonable to expect 30 or 40 year old guys to support themselves, pay their own rent on their own place, & have a decent work history.

I do agree with your premise:
that we narrow our fields by our own personalities, decisions, & behaviors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here