Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How was YOUR Christmas - what did you get - did you have fun?

Posted by kayjones (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 26, 03 at 9:36

Now that all the festivities are over, tell us how your holiday went - did the relatives finally go home? LOL!

Michael and I went to my son's (and family) house on Christmas Eve and gave presents to all. We had a great time, though I am not sure Michael was comfortable - my relatives are a little 'weird' in that they treat everyone as 'family', ie virtually ignore them, expecting them to blend in and 'fend' for themselves. Michael is such a wonderful sport - he just sat back and observed all these crazy people, whom he didn't know, being 'family'.

Christmas day, Michael and I ate brunch, opened gifts and just lounged most of the day. In the evening, we opened a bottle of champagne and watched the movie "First Wive's Club", a very funny Bette Midler/Goldie Hawn movie. I would highly recommend renting it if you've never seen it - full of great 'vindictive' ideas for dealing with cheating ex's!

I have thoroughly enjoyed having Michael as a guest, and was amazed at how easily he 'blended' into my lifestyle, which is very laid back, slow and BORING! LOL I still can't find a flaw in his being! I am still looking - LOL - he just CAN'T be perfect, but has proven to be so thus far. The ONLY flaw I can find is: he leaves lights on when he leaves a room, but heck - I can turn off a light once in a while for the pleasure of his company.

I hope each of you had as wonderful a Christmas, as we did - who will be next to tell of your holiday experiences?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How was YOUR Christmas - what did you get - did you have fun?

I had a very quiet Christmas, and just as well because it was a stinking hot day (35C at 7am!) and there was no energy to breathe, much less anything else.

My son and his lady came for breakfast, the first of many visits they had scheduled for the day. This was just fine by me. I got them when they were full of Christmas spirit, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and by the time they left their appetites were ruined for everyone else's food! The best part of the breakfast was that THEY did all the cooking - I just 'supervised' and provided the food. We had a lot of fun and laughter together exchanging our little gifts, and when they left, I was able to recuperate by sleeping most of the day in front of the fan, or beginning to read one of the several books they gave me (from a list I'd prepared of Must Haves).

My sleep was, however, disturbed by a number of phone calls from interstate friends, all very welcome. And in the evening a friend visited, ostensibly to watch Dancesport on TV with me (we are both into ballroom dancing), but mostly to escape her rowdy family at home after a mountain of a day. (She often uses my place as a refuge when things get A Bit Much.)

In between these interuptions, I had the opportunity of watching all those silly little Christmas shows on TV. You know, Frosty the Snowman, The Little Drummer Boy and so on. I have a sneaking liking for these little things - maybe I'm in my second childhood!

All very pleasant indeed, thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here