SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkyardgirl

Just a Vent - I hate my job

junkyardgirl
16 years ago

One downside of single life before retirement is that you have to work to support yourself. I don't like my job, but I have to go. I don't make enough money to just lay out sick. I'm in a strange situation at work right now, as I've been put in a job I hate, and can't get out of it until after the first of the year at least. I have a new manager that I can't talk to, and don't even want to talk to, because he doesn't care about his employees, just his bottom line. My department manager has been transferred, and that has made it harder for me, because the new manager just isn't someone I can sit down and talk to either.

I have the hardest time getting out of the house in the morning. I just keep putting it off until I find myself flying down the highway trying to get there on time. I get more depressed about this situation every day. It's just a matter now of going in, doing what I have to do, collecting a paycheck, and going home. I know the situation will resolve itself, but I don't know when or how. I'm not a patient person when it comes to something I spend almost 1/3 of my life doing!

Give me some positive thoughts to make it less depressing to go to work, please.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz