SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenghost

Fast Turn Offs

GardenGhost
20 years ago

I'm new here, thanks to Kayjones inviting me over. So if ya'll have covered this question before, indulge me, please? But what are some of the quick turn offs your date displays that lets you know it's the first AND last date?

I generally can tell within the first few minutes of meeting someone whether or not the relationship will ever go anywhere. There are some real "mood busters". Some of the quick turn offs for me are:

Smoking, chewing, or dipping - YUCK!!! Ok, smoking I can tolerate. I can get past that temporarily. But for the long run, I don't think I coudl live with a smoker again, since I have quit myself. But I can't kiss anyone with a wad in his mouth!

No sense of humor. I love to laugh. Just about everything I say is with a smile.

Dissing the Ex. If he's dissing her, I'll probably be the next one he disses. He should REALLY be over the resentment before he goes looking for me.

Sloppy appearance for the first date. For the first few dates, I expect him to show up looking halfway decent. Tshirt and blue jeans are fine, but they should be clean and neat. I think how he dresses shows whether or not he has respect for me. Am I being too picky?

Going Dutch. Yep, I believe the man pays for dinner and drinks. It doesn't have to be anything expensive, but if he comes courting me, it's gonna cost him. LOL

Not opening doors. I watch my brother anytime a woman is around, whether his girlfriend, our mother, me, or a complete stranger. He ALWAYS opens the door for the fairer sex. I think men should. Why not? It's really a simple act that shows respect. And as Aretha Franklin sang, all we really want is R E S P E C T.

Ok, that's some of my pet peeves. What are yours? And by the way, are ya'll sure you're ready for me to join your group? LOL

Casper

Comments (14)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler