Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pretty Ugly

Posted by ynnej (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 8, 11 at 16:44

For the record, I'm happily married but I don't know where else to post this. Every day I plan my outfits so as not to stand out. But I'm constantly judged on my looks! Today I had to make some copies. I walked past a few men. One of them loudly said, "Damn, she's hot." Another said, "No, she's not," just as loud! He actually wanted me to hear this. This is my daily life! I could name a million instances similar to this. Sometimes I can tell by people's facial expressions that they are assessing my looks and it drives me crazy. I've been approached to be a model several times, but I've also been told all my life that I have a big nose, bug eyes, etc. I just want to be able to do normal daily tasks without feeling like I'm standing in front of a panel of judges! I've tried anxiety medications and they only make things worse. If I was a stronger person I would turn to these people and say something, but I always walk on by. Right after I had my twins I couldn't go anywhere without people saying I had a big belly. Whatever happened to manners? Sometimes I worry for my children. How can I teach them to live in this world if I'm no good at it myself?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pretty Ugly

I hate to say this, but I do believe it's true: most people these days are being constantly judged on their looks.

If you want to get serious about a response, you could always say something like, "I wonder what the rules are on sexual harrassment." But you might alienate someone you don't want to alienate.

Another response might be (with a very straight face), "I won't tell my husband you said that." or "I wonder what your wife would say if she heard you say that."

o

Say, I use the last suggestion every time these comments come from men I happen upon. Sometimes I get responses such as 'I don't have a wife' or 'my wife doesn't know I exist'. I can completely understand where the o.p. is coming from - it isn't 'a good thing'!

o

really, who cares what others think ?? be urself & enjoy
what God has given u.....
most are people u'll never see again and it looks like
sexual harrsement at work, tell u supervisor bout that..
listen to music w.headphones on when u can and keep ur mind on ur life and the good things and as far as people judging u..don't mind them...God is who u need to plz.
heads up sweetie - u can control what u think & do ~w/love

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here