SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayjones481950

Love is a FOUR-letter word - what is it - how do you 'find' it?

kayjones
20 years ago

I thought this would be a controversial topic - everyone has a personal definition - yet it can't be put into words. What does it mean to YOU? For me "love" means:

L= listen to your mate

O= open up-verbalize your thoughts

V= validate your mate

E= enjoy your mate

To define it, for me, is impossible - believe me, I thought I knew what love was with each and every relationship. I have begun a strong friendship with a wonderful man and find the dynamics to be entirely different!

I would say that if it gives you warm and fuzzy feelings when everything is going well and feels like a knife thru your heart when things are going bad, it is probably love. If it is selfish, exploitive and manipulative it's lust.

If it soft and warm, makes you feel secure and complete, it is probably love. Love "just happens" - lust is a planned event. If your mate leaves you hungry and thirsty for more time with him/her, it's probably love. If your mate only thinks of you at 'certain' times and not all the time, it's probably lust.

All I can I say is, if you think it's love, hold on tight and be prepared for a WILD ride!

I would like to hear other's responses on this elusive subject, so I hope you won't be shy - you are among friends - let's hear what YOU think.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County