Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long ago since your last date?

Posted by Kathsgrdn (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 21, 04 at 12:06

I'm wondering if I'm the only person who hasn't dated in years?! I hear sometimes on tv or read in magazines that someone is single and hasn't dated in 2-3 months...like that's a LONG time, and is very unusual and odd. Well, I haven't had a date since I told the ex to leave, 3 1/2 years ago! I only decided I wanted to date again about a year ago. Before that, I didn't care if I ever saw a man again. After trying on-line dating for a few months without one date, I gave up. I almost had a date but he backed out at the last minute.

I've talked with some older women co-workers too and a few of them don't even want another man in their lives after having been divorced. Kinda shocked me, one was about 39 and only had one date after her divorce and never again. She's now in her 50s! I'm wondering if I'm going to end up alone like them too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long ago since your last date?

Too long to want to tell! Had some life changes, & a major move. Now I live somewhere where there aren't many available men, so I'll probably win the record soon;-)

Wow, the women you talked to must have had really bad marriages:-(

o

To ask someone out and actually go out has not been in this century. I have had a few half-dates like breakfast with a co-worker or lunch and shopping with a female friend. When I was younger I had time but no money and now I have money but no time. By the time I have both I'll be a geezer and need a nurse not a date.

: )
michael

o

Erica, I think they did...well, not all of them. One woman was married three times and the first two were bad, last one, she just didn't love him and I guess married for the wrong reasons. The others were married one time, for a long time and found out they were being cheated on. Had a lying cheating husband too but I guess I'm over it now because I'm willing to try again. Not that I have any prospects. In fact,the only men who even look at me anymore are my elderly patients. LOL!

Bunnyman, at least you've gone out with the opposite sex! I haven't even done that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here