SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosethyme_gw

Why Am I So Depressed?

rosethyme
15 years ago

After eighteen years of a miserable marriage to an alcoholic I finally filed for a divorce. He seemed to be only happy when he was drinking and having his cronies over every weekend. Then so moody the next day with a hangover. And he has no intention of trying to do something about his drinking problem. I'm sick of all his hateful mood swings. We've just drifted apart...we don't even sleep in the same bedroom. Drinking makes his snoring intolerable and he hasn't been a husband in quite awhile. I know I'm doing the right thing to get out of the relationship. But I miss him! At first he begged to get back together but seems okay and accepting of the divorce now...even happy! That bothers me too! I don't know if he is seeing someone but he says no, he isn't. I am 59 and don't know how to meet anyone my age. I thought at this time of life I would be settled with the person I will grow old with. I cry all the time...feeling sorry for myself, I guess. He moved to an apartment but comes over several times a week to see the dogs..we have two little male Yorkies.

Does anyone else going through a divorce have the same problem? I just want the hurting and loneliness to stop. I wonder if an antidepressant would help? The divorce hearing will be finalized in about three weeks.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES